Best spoons knife???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
I'm really fed up with the Mora spoon knife that i've had and been using. I'm sure there are better tools for the job, but i have no idea which to get.

Which, in your opinion, is the best spoon knife out there and why?

Cheers

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Dave Budd makes a really good spoon knife.

I find they take a wickedly sharp edge and stays sharp for a good period of time as well. Just about everyone who I've let have a play with my spoons knives have gone and bought their own from from him. More importantly he's a member on here :)

I've also heard good reports about FGYT's spoon knifes but never had a play with one so can't comment further than that.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Duncan FGYT makes an excellent selection of spoon knives in a variety of different designs as complete or blade only.
Hes a member here excellent to deal with a great product
Just a happy customer

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Buy a gouge. Job done:lmao:

I traded my Frost spoon knife on becasue I wasn't used to holding it like that, but got on so much better using a gouge because I'm more used to holding chisels.

After Dave Budd's and FGYT, you could try a Flexcut spoon knife I bought one of these recently and though I have yet to use it in anger it feels soooo much nicer in the hand.

Ian S

On a new journey
Nov 21, 2010
Edinburgh
Svante Djarv spoon knives are great, and Hans Karlsson spoon knives are wonderful.

Out of interest, which Mora do you have? A 164 (the single edge version) can be modified into something fairly good.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE