Best Material for custom Tarp??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Uthred

Jan 13, 2013
Somerset
Can anyone point me in the Direction of a supplier of Tarp material???..I'm thinking of maybe a waterproof Rip-stop Type??
Its for making a simple (over a Rope,and secured)- Overnight shelter on my 7.m RIB-(Boat)needs to be about 2m wide,and 5m long
Cheers!

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
For a boat cover I use a "blue" plastic tarp from Walmart proved good to 70 mph on the trailer. I believe the UK equivalent is Aldi. They are certainly available on Amazon

A nylon or polyester coated (PU) or silicone treated would be wasted on such a task.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Polytarp is ok for keeping the weather off but it would be noisy to sleep (or not) under if there was any wind.

Pointnorth will have suitable fabric for your needs.

Uthred

Jan 13, 2013
Somerset
Be nice to get something decent quality which I can keep stowed until needed....and in Black if poss to Match the Boat;)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Have a chat with a local sail maker, they should be able to help. When I was servicing and repairing life rafts, life jackets and inflatable boats we had 3 or 4 people come in asking for just what you want, the locla sailmaker made them to size using the fixings on the boat to atatch it to, and a great job they did too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE