Sold Venture prospector 155 corelite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
I am reluctantly selling my Venture Prospector 155. Its only 18 months old and used a handful of times on local lakes in north wales.
Only selling as my wife never really took to it and we recently adopted a rescue foxhound. The canoe needs a good home and to be used.
Never used on running or white water. It has a few superficial scratches / marks on the keel from rocks when launching and returning. Otherwise its in as new condition. I laced the front and rear as suggested by Ray Goodwin and include front and rear peak airbags. I will also include a canoe caddy. An excellent all round canoe as i expect you know.
I am situated in Snowdonia North Wales and buyer collects.
I have copied all the specifications from another web site.
I want £950 by paypal or bank transfer.
Thank you.

The Venture Prospector 155 is a traditional style and highly popular canoe that's ideal for whitewater enthusiasts or wilderness tripping, both solo and tandem.

A wide beam, classic symmetrical hull and soft tumblehome mean the Venture Prospector 155 inspires confidence, whilst the familiar re-curved bow and high freeboard keep you dry through features and prevent swamping.

The historical Prospector designs that this model draws inspiration from were true workhorses, so you can load the Venture Prospector 155 up for short weekend tandem trips or extended solo trips and still enjoy the supreme edging performance that gives pleasingly simple turns on both moving and flat water; loading the boat up also improves tracking and reduces windage.

CoreLite Construction​

CL is a three layer construction that gives an exceptional Weight-to-Rigidity ratio, taking advantage of the fact that only the outer layers of the material are required to bear compressive and tensile forces by using a lighter, rigid foam inner layer; this foam core has the added benefit of giving the whole canoe enough inherent buoyancy to keep it at the waterline in the event of swamping. The HDPE used for the outer layers is both highly durable and readily repairable.

Classic Symmetrical Hull

With great edging capabilities.

Moderate Rocker

For easy manoeuvrability and good tracking.

Wide Beam and Soft Tumblehome

Offers excellent stability.

Can be paddled Solo or Tandem

Optional Centre Seat available for solo paddling.

High Freeboard

For a dryer ride and impressive load carrying capacity.

Ideal for whitewater or wilderness tripping, from day trips to long weekends.

LengthWidthDepth CentreRockerWeightCarrying Capacity
464cm91cm36cmModerate36kgs370kgs

IMG_3953 edit.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3951 edit.jpg
    IMG_3951 edit.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4024 edit.jpg
    IMG_4024 edit.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4026 edit.jpg
    IMG_4026 edit.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4025 edit.jpg
    IMG_4025 edit.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4022 edit.jpg
    IMG_4022 edit.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Love
Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE