best bushcraft waterproof overtrousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
I'm a'hunting for some new overtrousers and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a tough pair tha can take the rigours of the woods and not weigh a ton! Green would be good, naturally.
Ta

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
I have a pair of the German army surplus Goretex overtrousers. They cost fifteen quid from the surplus shop. Goretex, and really heavy duty. I think they're great. I've seen them in lots of surplus shops. They're that camo which is loads of dark brown, dark green blobs - flecktarn or something?

Ah! Like these: http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/flcgs1ua.html

But as they're salopette style, you don't look so trendy...

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
I have a pair of the German army surplus Goretex overtrousers. They cost fifteen quid from the surplus shop. Goretex, and really heavy duty. I think they're great. I've seen them in lots of surplus shops. They're that camo which is loads of dark brown, dark green blobs - flecktarn or something?

Ah! Like these: http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/flcgs1ua.html

But as they're salopette style, you don't look so trendy...

I second that, mine are OG and very waterproof, I've knelt down in puddles and stayed bone dry, used them skiing last year and they pack down small and are breathable.

Link here

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I just have some ex-issue goretex in dpm but they don`t get worn that often. They sit in the bottom of my dry sack rather then the top :rolleyes:

Rich

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
The ex German army trousers are great. They're as bombproof as Goretex gets and have fitted braces. Also, they're quite short, which may at first seem like a disadvantage, but after wading through shallows dragging your canoe or walking through deep mud, you'll soon appreciate this.

Cheers, Michael.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
There is always Ventile - both as trousers and as OTs - available from various places such as Snugpak/Westwinds......quiet, tough, breathable and available in green!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE