Berry picker comp registration

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Looks like we've got ourselves a competition then. :red:

Entries so far

Torjusg
M@rk
JohnC
sam_acw
woodwalker
amott69
clcuckow
falling rain

Please make it known in this thread if you want to take part, and I'll update the list every few days or so. The closing date is 15th March 2007. Midnight. I'll set up the poll as soon as I can after the deadline and give one week for folks to vote, so the winner will be announced on the 22nd March 2007. If you could post your photos/enties in this thread when your ready so people can see what you've created, that would be great. Right then best get on with the blue prints then :confused:

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
go on then - I may actually find time for this one (unlike the bowsaw! :eek: )

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
falling rain said:
Looks like we've got ourselves a competition then. :red:

Entries so far

Torjusg
M@rk
JohnC
sam_acw
woodwalker
amott69
clcuckow
falling rain

Please make it known in this thread if you want to take part, and I'll update the list every few days or so. The closing date is 15th March 2007. Midnight. I'll set up the poll as soon as I can after the deadline and give one week for folks to vote, so the winner will be announced on the 22nd March 2007. If you could post your photos/enties in this thread when your ready so people can see what you've created, that would be great. Right then best get on with the blue prints then :confused:

LIST UP DATE

Torjusg
M@rk
JohnC
sam_acw
woodwalker
amott69
clcuckow
falling rain
rickety-root
Nathan Sturgess
Eric_Methven
baggins
g4ghb

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Is someone going to start a thread for the entries or make the original thread sticky?

My first very rough and ready (all natural (except where I got the materials:D), almost tribal) entry should be finished tomorrow, just waiting for the raw hide to finish drying and for some final trimming.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
This is my Wilkinson's willow Berry picker.

It is made from willow and rawhide. I call it my Wilkinson's willow berry picker as since it is not exactly the right time to pick willow it is made from a couple of rawhide dog bones and willow from a willow teasel all bought from Wilkinson's:D

I tried to heat bend the scoop prongs up but they were way to dry.

(leatherman juice for scale)

berrypicker.jpg

(MOD feel free to move it to the correct thread when it is set up, I was just a bit impatient and I might not have much more time to do another one before the deadline)

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
torjusg said:
Nice one there Christopher! What are you going to pick with it? I think it may be a little to coarse for blueberries. ;)

Rose hips, hawthorne etc. Just a shame I don't live in MA it is just the right size for cranberries and it could also be lined or covered with a bag for smaller fruit but you would then have to separate any leaves manually.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
List update

Torjusg
M@rk
JohnC
sam_acw
woodwalker
amott69
clcuckow
falling rain
rickety-root
Nathan Sturgess
Eric_Methven
baggins
g4ghb
nickg
warthog1981
jon r

Just post the pictures in this thread for now and people can look through the thread to vote, or someone with more skill than me can make a new thread at the close date with all the photos of the entries in that thread, if they'd be so kind :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE