Berghaus Aztec / LHBW 110L - opinions / reviews?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
Winter kit search again so I'm on the lookout for a new rucksack. Minimum 80-85L, preferably 90+

The Berghaus Vulcan seems to have mixed reviews; loved by most for it's (relative) light weight, comfort and robustness... others feel it's an outdated design and has its niggles. I like the look of it though. 80L without the pockets, 100L with pockets = flexibility, not TOO heavy, and while I try to go as lightweight as much as possible I don't want to ( / can't) compromise with robustness and a certain amount of comfort.

The Aztec seems the perfect solution; almost the same design, but with the niggles fixed. Unfortunately for some reason Berghaus no longer make them (why why why?!), but I understand the German military use an almost identical version made in the same Berghaus factory for LHBW, but with slightly larger pockets (total rucksack 110L).
Has anyone used them, or the Aztec... any opinions?
Alternatively any other suggestions or recommendations? Alternatives at the moment are mostly between Macpacs and Ospreys

Cheers!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE