Beretta M92 Elite IA - Airsoft gas blowback pistol

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

huffhuff

Forager
Sep 20, 2010
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Hi guys,

I read the rules...think I can offer this up for a swap. Tell me if not.

This pistol was used at maybe 2 quick skirmishes (only for CQB) during which the grip screws popped out and one of the grip panels dropped off. I still have the grip, but the trigger bar spring got lost in the undergrowth. I'm sure a new one is literally a few pence from the right place. Then you'll just need to araldite the grip back on. So at present, it only fires if you invert the pistol...(that's the cool looking way to hold it anyway)

I bought this gun with a can of green gas. I have over half left, that shows how much I have used it. It is practiacally new (although bought a while back).

In trade, i'm looking for my first proper bushcraft knife and am willing to part with cash too (drop/dangly sheath, good full tang handle and scandi grind edge). But other than that, not after anything in particular so make me an offer.

I'm not sure the cost of this gun today, but I bought it for around £130!

Cheers

beretta_92.jpg

Review here: http://www.justpistols.co.uk/92_e1a.htm

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Airsoft unfortunately you can't. The VCR Act now stops you selling to anyone but production companies and licenced skirmishers.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Airsoft unfortunately you can't. The VCR Act now stops you selling to anyone but production companies and licenced skirmishers.

Just to clarify the VCR only stops you selling to anyone not registered on the UK Airsoft retailers association database.
if someone is registered on here you have a defence for selling the Replica immitation firearm to them.

however trades are not mentioned by the act whatsoever and even the police have commented that its perfectly legal to swap RIF's with someone else.
as for swapping for other items i would view this as a very grey area indeed.

huffhuff

Forager
Sep 20, 2010
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
I was just reading the VCR. If I paint it pink I can sell it. Otherwise, it's only for registered skirmishers, museums, productions companies and theatres. It's vey grey indeed when it comes to swaps. I can give it away, but i'd imagine swapping for something is a no no.

Grrrr

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
well this is it, i guess you've seen all the hoo-ah (heh) on the airsoft forums about the VCRA. technically your not selling it by trading and the act does state its illegal to SELL to an unregistered skirmisher etc.
however can swapping for other items be considered selling?

if you paint 50% of it a bright colour you can indeed swap/sell to anyone (over the age of 18). i always fancied a glock in bumblebee colours myself, black and yellow :D

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
Just to clarify the VCR only stops you selling to anyone not registered on the UK Airsoft retailers association database.

VCR doesn't mention the UKARA database, they would just like you to think they're the only way to go (in fact they weren't considered stakeholders and were not present at most of the meetings between the airsoft community and the government committee). A registered skirmisher has to be a member of an insured skirmish site and to have played 3 games in not less than 2 months, and be able to prove it.

huffhuff

Forager
Sep 20, 2010
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
UPDATE ON TRADE: Will be looking at an under quilt fairly soon now the better weather is here. I have some down, just need some pertex/ripstop material big enough for a UQ for a HH Asym Zip

Cheers

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
When did they sneak this ruling in?

Just looked (been 4 years since I took an interest in Airsoft) and now its all clear plastic!!! What the fudge!

How many hoops do the law abiding public jump through because of IDIOTS!

well annoyed now......feel like anything that was fun is being taken away....Reckon on the knife law being tightened to only allow Knives to be carried in public if you have a man walking in front of you waving a red flag shouting 'DANGER DANGER POTENTIAL MURDERING SCUM IN THE AREA, KEEP ALL VALUABLES HIDDEN AND CHILDREN/PETS INDOORS'....that should make outdoors and knife shows almost impossible to walk around without mandatory hearing protection!

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
When did they sneak this ruling in?

Just looked (been 4 years since I took an interest in Airsoft) and now its all clear plastic!!! What the fudge!

How many hoops do the law abiding public jump through because of IDIOTS!

well annoyed now......feel like anything that was fun is being taken away....Reckon on the knife law being tightened to only allow Knives to be carried in public if you have a man walking in front of you waving a red flag shouting 'DANGER DANGER POTENTIAL MURDERING SCUM IN THE AREA, KEEP ALL VALUABLES HIDDEN AND CHILDREN/PETS INDOORS'....that should make outdoors and knife shows almost impossible to walk around without mandatory hearing protection!

that's a delayed reaction but pretty much what we all felt when the bill went through, it was only because of some dedicated people that we even have a defence otherwise airsoft would be totally dead.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
thing is though, i cant own that without loads of proof and rules, but i have a full metal CO2 revolver which is an air pistol, and a replica firearm, and thats fine.
it seems if it shoots plastic slowly its under all kinds of laws, but if it shoots plastic too quickly to be an airsoft gun, or shoots bits of lead and steel really quick, then its fine to have one.
anyone else see a problem there?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE