Belgian bushcraft weekend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bartjeuh200

Nov 2, 2007
Lembeke, Belgium
Hi guys,

I was thinking of organizing one. Maybe somewhere around the easter holiday (probably first weekend or so). But before i go and do all the effort, i was wondering if there is an interest in a gathering? Probably somewhere in the Ardens. To my knowledge, it'd be the first of its kind in Belgium.

I'd invite some of bushcraft school in belgium too :D, send word out to"nature-orientated" organisations like JNM, natuurpunt, etc.

So what do you say (gunnix? :p) ?

bartjeuh200

Nov 2, 2007
Lembeke, Belgium
Off course you are :D, the more the merrier!
Right now i'm a little bit busy with school and such, but after my midterms, i have a far less busy schedule, so it'll probably kick off then. But I think Im going to send some e-mails already now, just so people know it's coming :D

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Hi guys,

I was thinking of organizing one. Maybe somewhere around the easter holiday (probably first weekend or so). But before i go and do all the effort, i was wondering if there is an interest in a gathering? Probably somewhere in the Ardens. To my knowledge, it'd be the first of its kind in Belgium.

I'd invite some of bushcraft school in belgium too :D, send word out to"nature-orientated" organisations like JNM, natuurpunt, etc.

So what do you say (gunnix? :p) ?

Sounds good only I will not be able to come on the easter weekend any other is ok though

Simon

A

Alfa

Sounds like a very good idea. I'm pretty sure I can make sure I'm free, as long as it it not the first weekend (wintertocht 2009 PCdoAntwerpen) or the last week (skivacation)of February. Please do keep us informed.

PS I'm of to the Ardennes today :D

bartjeuh200

Nov 2, 2007
Lembeke, Belgium
The date will be the weekend just before the easter holiday, so it would be the ideal way to kick off the easter holiday! :D
The site is probably going to be a scouting terrain near Houffalize, but i have to wait for confirmation.
If anybody is free this weekend and wants to give some workshops, by all means PM me!

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
The date will be the weekend just before the easter holiday, so it would be the ideal way to kick off the easter holiday! :D
The site is probably going to be a scouting terrain near Houffalize, but i have to wait for confirmation.
If anybody is free this weekend and wants to give some workshops, by all means PM me!
Just to clarify is this the weekend before the easter weekend ? or the easter weekend ?

bartjeuh200

Nov 2, 2007
Lembeke, Belgium
The date is set
The location picked
http://www.vakantiehouffalize.be/scoutned.html

Now for some more details: It's 100 euros to rent out the place for th weekend, so the more eople, the less we all have to pay.
With that being said, it's great to hold a meeting like this, but we need people to do workshops; I can do basic edible plants and basic woodcraft skills, but i still haven't mastered the bowdrill!
So if people want to teach something/give workshops/show what they can do
Please let me know!

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
The date is set
The location picked
http://www.vakantiehouffalize.be/scoutned.html

Now for some more details: It's 100 euros to rent out the place for th weekend, so the more eople, the less we all have to pay.
With that being said, it's great to hold a meeting like this, but we need people to do workshops; I can do basic edible plants and basic woodcraft skills, but i still haven't mastered the bowdrill!
So if people want to teach something/give workshops/show what they can do
Please let me know!

Bart im in but can you provide a gps location or map grid reference so I can see where it is on the map.. there is a river maybe I can give some kayak leasons ;)

Simon

bartjeuh200

Nov 2, 2007
Lembeke, Belgium
There IS a river, the ourthe. I'm not sure how wide it is though. It should be wide enough i reckon, but i have yet to see the site myself. I have only seen it on pictures, and read references to it by scouting organisations and medivieval reanacters.
According to the owner it should be here:

http://maps.google.be/maps?near=Tav...=50.136122,5.80327&spn=0.019255,0.038452&z=15

In this general area.
Here's what he wrote to me:

Er is geen adres voor het terrein, dat is in het natuur. Als u wil komen kijken, u neemt de snelweg E25 tot afrit 51. Daarna links naar Houffalize, daarna links naar het eerste dorpje TAVERNEUX. In het dorpje, rechts op het eerste kruispunt tot de uitgang van het dopje. Na het laaste huis, u neemt links naar boven. Op de tweede kruispunt, u neemt rechts naar platteland en bossen. Daarna nog één kilometer.De wegje is de tweede op links naar beneden. De wei is daar, op het einde van de weg. (langs de weg naar het wei : op links woest bos en op rechts kleinen sparen).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE