Belgian bushcraft weekend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bartjeuh200

Nov 2, 2007
Lembeke, Belgium
You can put up your tarps and hammocks, as i probably will too, and there will be a water container on site.
Or for the real hard*sses: There is a river nearby from which you COULD gather water.

bartjeuh200

Nov 2, 2007
Lembeke, Belgium
4-5 april is coming ever so close; so please send me an e-mùail with what kind of workshop you guys want to do.
For "groundoven" you NEED to subscribe, and pay an extra fee: I have to know how much pieces of meat and veg I have to buy.
So: everybody who wants to come: enlist and send me an email at bart_jansen50@hotmail.com

bartjeuh200

Nov 2, 2007
Lembeke, Belgium
Easiest by public transport is taking the train to Luik/Liège Guillemins and from there take the bus Liège-Athus to Cheras aux Houffalize. From there on it will be marked by red arrows. But there are only like 3 busses a day; one around 8AM, the next around 1 PM and the last one around 6 PM.
I'll post a more detailed schedule on my site shortly.

I might pass by Brussels and be able to give you a lift.

Have to check with my trip schedule and stuff.

Just got back out of Sweden (Winter Weiss with Nordic Bushcraft & Bearclaw): SUPERB but still busy taking care of gear and catching up on emails and stuff.

PM me for a ride and we might sort things out.

Grtz Johan

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
Thanks Johan, but it's no longer sure that I will be going, I may have to go the UK - family stuff. So I can't commit myself. If I go, I'll go under my own steam. If I don't see you there - have a great weekend:)

Michael

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Bart, or anyone, any chance of these directions in English please???

-U neemt de snelweg E25 tot afrit 51.
-Daarna links naar Houffalize, daarna links naar het eerste dorpje TAVERNEUX.
-In het dorpje, rechts op het eerste kruispunt, tot de uitgang van het dorpje.
-Na het laatste huis, links naar boven.
-Op het tweede kruispunt, rechts naar platteland en bossen. Daarna nog één kilometer.

Het wegje is de tweede op links naar beneden.
De wei is daar, op het einde van de weg.

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
Hi Alex,

- On freeway E25 take exit 51
- At the end of the exit turn left in the direction Houffalize, after that take a left turn to the village TAVERNEUX
- In the village go right on the first intersection
- After the last house go left, up the slope
- On the second intersection turn right towards the forest and grasslands, after that proceed for 1 km

The road is the second on tje left going down
Grassland is there at the end of the road

Hope this helps...

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
Bart, or anyone, any chance of these directions in English please???

-Op het tweede kruispunt, rechts naar platteland en bossen. Daarna nog één kilometer.

I'll do a quickie - and Bart and others can laugh at me - officially I'm "francophone" (in fact anglo- and germanophone):)

take the E25 motorway to exit 51
Then a left towards Houffalize, then a left to the first village TAVERNEUX.
In the village, turn right at the first crossing to leave the village
After the last house, turn left uphill
At the second crossing, turn right towards the fields and woods. Carry on for another kilometer.

The tracks is the second on the left (or right next to it?)
And it is there at the end of the track.

I'm going to get crucified for that translation - I know, I should be able to do better:eek:

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
................I'm going to get crucified for that translation - I know, I should be able to do better:eek:

Ik ook.

Thanks for the help people.

Harry, Ich bin auch ein englischen-deutscher oder ein deutschen-englaender......wie es passt.

See you all there then people.

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
I felt sorry that I missed out on this one so...where are the stories and the pictures of the Belgian bushcraftgathering? Please tell me you're not all still there having a good time:eek:

Come on guys, show me what I have missed!

Cheers,

Tom

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
http://picasaweb.google.com/simon.quantrill/ArdennesBushcraftGathering2009?feat=directlink

here are my photos..

It was a great weekend thanks to bart organising it there was lots going on the weather was good.
1 misshap with a knife but was rectified quickly for the rest great weekend.

The water was nice to drink from the river to unlike the rubnish here in the waterways in holland 'rock on millbank' anyhow im sure there are other photos going around so hopefully they get posted here and then we can see them all ;)

Thanks again to bart for organising looking forward to next year already ;)

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE