Been diagnosed with Lymes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
To be fair no serious infection caused by a bacteria will be cured by diet, or fad fasting type diets. lymes causes long term affects to extremely healthy people - have a ’duck duck go’ of the problem Matt Dawson had.

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
To be fair no serious infection caused by a bacteria will be cured by diet, or fad fasting type diets. lymes causes long term affects to extremely healthy people - have a ’duck duck go’ of the problem Matt Dawson had.

I'm not a Doctor and I'm assuming you arn't either??
And I'm neither one who abandons everyday science in favour of random quack ideas.

But I do try to keep an open mind.

I'm not likening Cancer to Lymes but as I understand it one of the first changes to diets for Cancer patients is to heavily reduce Carbs to slow/retard the potential of the cancer from multiplying further - is this a 'fad type diet' ??

With regards to Intermittent Fasting being potentially a fad - maybe , but I guess if you look at the available data of how long Human beings have eaten and existed on a diet that involves eating only once a day ( majority of time fastening ) as opposed to eaten three square meals a day ( how long has that been a thing ? ) - which is the relative fad??

As I say , Im trying to keep an open mind on such things and not just throw the notion out quickly without scrutiny.

Intermittent fasting creates periods of autophagy - where the enters a fairly unique period of self repair. Maybe its benefical for Lymes sufferes , Maybe its not.

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
We will have to disagree and move on - when I’m unwell I will go for the science based solutions not one from Geoff down the pub or some random person on a sub-Reddit. Anyway we digress from the OP and further debate on the usefulness of ‘alternative medicines‘ probably distracts from what is for them a serious and life changing illness.

As an aside - The oncologist treating my mother said absolutely nothing about reducing carbohydrates to prevent cancer multiplying further. The weeks of chemotherapy seemed to be his preferred method to prevent spread!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE