Been diagnosed with Lymes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
So i have just been officially diagnosed by the infectioys disease consultant eventually ,i have known since the start but the GP was playing really difficult .even after seeing this classic bullseye EM rash

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220521-124002_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220521-124002_Gallery.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 74

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry to hear that, Gill.
Pleased that you have finally managed to be seen by someone who really knows about it though, and I hope you're cured pdq.
Best of luck with it.

M

Reactions: Gill

Great egret

Apr 17, 2017
Netherlands
I have Lyme dissease too. My GP never thought of it. The hospital discovered i have lived with it for years. Took a very strong dose of antibiotics before i was cured.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, its good that it was caught.

I am going in for a blood test. My Diabetes is out of control and the doctor is worried.

I feel nothing.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I have not been treated yet ,that bullseye was nearly four years ago ,they done bloods which were fine and that was that ,but i have deteriorated so much as i am unable to work , been fighting with the gp,s to refer me to the hospital and it has took all this time

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I have Lyme dissease too. My GP never thought of it. The hospital discovered i have lived with it for years. Took a very strong dose of antibiotics before i was cured.
Hi do you mind me asking what treatment you had and how long did it take

Great egret

Apr 17, 2017
Netherlands
Hi do you mind me asking what treatment you had and how long did it take
When i finally got diagnosed with lyme in december 2021 i was given 200mgs doxycycline twice a day for a whole month. (As a reference, my mother in law with a pneumonia got 100mgs for 1 week.) My left foot is still not 100% because of the late treatment, but the rest of my pain is completely gone.

Reactions: Stew

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
When I got the red splash I started the antibiotic the same evening for 10 days. So far that has been it. Apparently the earlier it is noticed the better and very early treatment has close to 100% success. I have a few acquaintances who have a non-early-treated version and it is a troublesome life for some.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I am horrified that it has taken four years to get a diagnosis. Back in the late 80s, coming from the US, we learned that UK doctors didn't know Lyme from a town in Dorset, but after over 20 years of increasing cases, warnings by various parks and land management groups, not to mention victim organisations I had thought they were getting wise.

A colleague at work got a rash like that, didn't know if he had been ticked, but had been with Scouts in a suitable area. I told him to go to the doctor and not take no for an answer, and he was able to get treatment down here in Hertfordshire.

So sorry it has been this way for you.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
That's bad it took 4 years. But at least it was Kris Kristofferson (Whistler in the Blade movie trilogy) was initially diagnosed with early stage Alzheimer's and took several years to figure out it was actually Lyme's disease.

Recently there is research into using a mRNA based vaccine, that targets the tick saliva. So as soon as tick bites, it doesn't like it and lets go, reducing the time to infect someone.

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
So i have just been officially diagnosed by the infectioys disease consultant eventually ,i have known since the start but the GP was playing really difficult .even after seeing this classic bullseye EM rash
I’m no expert so apply with caution.. Have you considered the roots of teasel(plant). Apparently it has the capability to leach out the badness from within the bones into the bloodstream so antibiotics have a better chance of doing their work?

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Hi Robbi ,thanks buddy .I have loads severe muscle and joint pain ,really bad tinnitus ,brain fog ,extreme fatigue , light sensitivity ,migraines,mood disorders .the list goes on ,i have not been able to work for some time now

May 30, 2022
South Lakeland

Gill, I've had some experience with trying to deal with the NHS and going no where but backwards.
Push your doctors hard to help you ofcourse, but realise no one will help you as much as you can help yourself. No one will care about you as much as you can care about yourself.

A very interesting person to seek out is a couple of chap from the US called, Paul Saladino and Evan Brand. I hope the information they share is as helpful to you as it has been to me.
Good luck and may God bless you.

Great egret

Apr 17, 2017
Netherlands
Hi Robbi ,thanks buddy .I have loads severe muscle and joint pain ,really bad tinnitus ,brain fog ,extreme fatigue , light sensitivity ,migraines,mood disorders .the list goes on ,i have not been able to work for some time now
I thought i was done with lyme after antibiotics, but i have pain in all my joints right now among other things. Docter tested my blood, couldn't find anything new but lyme and now i have to go to the hospital for lyme threatment.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I thought i was done with lyme after antibiotics, but i have pain in all my joints right now among other things. Docter tested my blood, couldn't find anything new but lyme and now i have to go to the hospital for lyme threatment.
How long ago did you have it originally.?

(. Hope you recover soon)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE