Bear & Obama!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It can't get any dumber. If appearing on a "reality" show with a celebrity renowned for faking such things is the highest priority for the president of the USA, then gods help us all

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I can see Cameron & Mears foraging for penny buns within some platinum grade Cotswold investment woodland.

Nothing to lose given our PM's not standing at the next Election.

K

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
You gotta laugh at how the Bear Grylls action figure looks way more of a badass than the real Bear has ever looked, the action figure looks like he could skin a deer with a scowl

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
Am really liking this thread... BG goes on T.V & my T.V goes off. Can't fault his PR skills without a doubt but would rather liquidise my eye balls and drink them as a smoothie than tolerate 30 mins of 'hunt the winnebago in the back ground' TV.

Just saying :)

Last edited:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Usual negative ****e from this forum. At least when it comes to BG. Grow up ladies. Its a tv show. Put the handbags away, move along, nothing to see here.......

Last edited:

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Wow, it's ages since I heard the word 'ladies' as the ultimate put down for a bunch of men - thanks for that.. Really encouraging for all the ladies on here. Nice one.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
lol, Suppose it means different things, to different folks, in different places. Here (where i live and amongst friends elsewhere) its not intended as an insult, but humour among friends. Though i guess, it may be military style humour at its roots., but then, you will mingle with ex military folks.....So while i must accept than not all will understand the humour, you must also accept that what you may see as insulting, was never intended as such.....

I am responsible only for what i say...... not for how you may take it. :)
Wow, it's ages since I heard the word 'ladies' as the ultimate put down for a bunch of men - thanks for that.. Really encouraging for all the ladies on here. Nice one.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
As a side note from a mod can we just generally tone done the Bear baiting please. I'm no fan myself but nigh on every BG thread has to end up getting closed/locked due to folks going too far.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
As a side note from a mod can we just generally tone done the Bear baiting please. I'm no fan myself but nigh on every BG thread has to end up getting closed/locked due to folks going too far.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

I know the Bear baiting isn't acceptable, it is against the rules as Tony has pointed out before.... but you have to admit... that action figure made you chuckle a little :p

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
Apologies guys - I hadn't realised (I know its no defence) that this topic was a little taboo, red rag and all that - point taken anyway, just off to the naughty corner.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Not taboo mate, but being here for last 7 years, I've seen thread after thread go down hill due to a man being given grief because of how the TV portrays him. These threads come up regularly and as GB says above, get locked or deleted because of a clash of opinions about essentially, an irrelevant subject. First the Bear bashing starts, then someone has a differing opinion, and then the forum member bashing starts and bye bye thread. Truth is, there are likely a lot of members on here, reading this, that actually like Bear. Sure, he does some things that seem daft, but he's done tons of other stuff that ARE worthy of respect.

Point is really, its a divisive subject, and its easy to get carried away. Not one worth stating personal opinions over.. :)

Apologies guys - I hadn't realised (I know its no defence) that this topic was a little taboo, red rag and all that - point taken anyway, just off to the naughty corner.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Not taboo mate, but being here for last 7 years, I've seen thread after thread go down hill due to a man being given grief because of how the TV portrays him. These threads come up regularly and as GB says above, get locked or deleted because of a clash of opinions about essentially, an irrelevant subject. First the Bear bashing starts, then someone has a differing opinion, and then the forum member bashing starts and bye bye thread. Truth is, there are likely a lot of members on here, reading this, that actually like Bear. Sure, he does some things that seem daft, but he's done tons of other stuff that ARE worthy of respect.

Point is really, its a divisive subject, and its easy to get carried away. Not one worth stating personal opinions over.. :)

Last time it happened though, Tony posted to say it was a type of bullying, that it was unacceptable and it was against forum rules... and he had a good point. I personally don't hold Bear in high regard, and I think the action figure is hilarious... but I do see the point that we rip into him more than we do anyone else. The mere mention of his name is enough to start a flood of comments, and it invariably goes to his character... I'm as guilty, if not more so, than anyone else.

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
Gents 100% understood - I recognise his past achievements and acknowledge his current activities - enough said. Will be cognicent of future postings... btw are those dolls available in pink? ;-)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE