bcuk Wild Foods Week - June 20th - 24th 2011

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
Bumpity bumpity!

Really, really looking forward to this as it looks like a really useful and fun course, so would hate for it to be cancelled because it needs only one more person! Am assuming it will also be useful to practice/learn regular bushcraft skills as well!

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hey everyone!!Good news!!I just took another booking so we now have 12 people booked on this course!!Remember we still have a few places available if you are still interested!!
Becky

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Good morning Everyone. Just to let you know today is the go/no go date and we now have 13 people booked up on this course so it will be going ahead!! I will be sending out an email shortly to everyone on the course with details regarding your final payment.

Becky

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi everyone
I have had a few people email me with regards to the meeting point in Beaminster. Here is a postcode : DT8 3AW this is actually a postcode for the pub in Beaminster but it will take you straight there. The meeting point is the war memorial.The war memorial is in the car park in the centre square opposite the pub where you will be met by the instructors
Regards
Becky

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Hi Everyone, I have just completed the Foundation Skills week and I will be on this course on the 20th - if anyone has any questions about anything, please ask as I can let you know about the set up/food/kit list/RV point etc.
look forward to seeing you there!

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi All
I hope you are all looking forward to your upcoming course and have a great week. Please note on Monday that if you are running late, stuck in traffic etc, please ring the duty mobile number I have sent out to you all. I will be here in the office until 5pm today so if you have any last minute questions please do not hesitate to contact me,
Becky

Feb 5, 2008
Cov
What a great course! Absolutely packed with useful stuff - great value for money, and great company...although I'm sure there was a warthog near the sleeping area...

Made it back in time for the restaurant, so my life wasn't truncated...

Cheers,

Scott

Ross Bowyer

Apr 29, 2004
kendal
Hi All,

Was great to meet everyone and hope you all made it back safely. Scott glad you made it back in time for the meal! If anyone has any questions on any of the subjects we covered during the week please feel free to send an email to the office.

All the Best

Ross

Woody

Forager
dsc0104jl.jpg

The main camp.

dsc0100it.jpg

Dinning Table and smokers.

dsc0134wo.jpg

Teaching under the parachute.

dsc0077bw.jpg

Students tented area.

dsc0151cv.jpg

Students cooking area.

dsc0115ti.jpg

Building a smoker and thatching it.

dsc0389y.jpg

Dried produce in the smoker at the end of the course.

dsc0390y.jpg

Smoked and dried rabbit and Venison.

dsc0493v.jpg

Smoked Mackerel.

dsc0209un.jpg

Fraser of Coastal survival teaching sea fish preparation.

dsc0214g.jpg

Fraser Skinning a Dog Fish.

dsc0218mv.jpg

Fraser telling fisherman's tales!!

dsc0269nz.jpg

Preparing Squirrels for the pot.

dsc0274b.jpg

..... Whilst Pinky practices CPR on his!!

dsc0242yd.jpg

First time lucky!

dsc0250y.jpg

Some caught their supper....

dsc0251f.jpg

.... and some didn't!!

dsc0449r.jpg

Preparing the catch for the smoker...Kippering!

dsc0437d.jpg

The finished product.

dsc0507h.jpg

Trout going into the conventional smoker.

dsc0506jb.jpg

Venison and Rabbit going into the conventional smoker.

dsc0404c.jpg

Marinating for the smoker.

dsc0311g.jpg

Georgie Corrywright (Medical Herbalist) leading the medicinal plant walk

dsc0362m.jpg

Sampling some of the wares!

dsc0371k.jpg

... some of which were an acquired/required taste!

dsc0306ot.jpg

Collecting wild cherries.

dsc0523l.jpg

Students Wild edibles "show and tell"

dsc0520ak.jpg

Adam teaching the use of reference keys.

dsc0385d.jpg

Air drying and salting techniques.

dsc0254pg.jpg

Ross teaching large game preparation.

dsc0267x.jpg

Gutting and drawing.

dsc0173xs.jpg

Around the fire in the evening.

Last edited:

Rambling Man

Apr 10, 2010
SE England
Well,i guess after completing my 2nd course with Bushcraftexpeditions within the last month,
i thought it only fair and just to put in my two pennys' worth.
A course in itself is only as good as the people who teach it,and in that respect we did'nt go wanting..Not only do the instructors have a huge well of bushcraft knowledge and expierience between them,but they are great "teachers" too(something which does'nt always go together),highly personable and strike a good balance between learning,spontaneity, and just as important for me......lots of good humour!!!!
For anybody who,like me,has a thirst for learning about how to look after themselves in the great outdoors,this course would be a great place to start(Along with the Foundation Course:))
No doubt i will be back for more in the future!
See you then Chaps!!!!!
Cheers
Deano
(PS-Hope this review may stand me "in good favour" for a FLAT tarp spot next time....not to mention late night single malt whiskey)

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Of course, take whatever you want. unfortunately they are not the quality of your SLR photos, but they'll do.
I have a lot more - some with guts n stuff, but thought them a little far out for Facebook, but let me know if you want any more.

Last edited:

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
Hi Guys

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, despite arriving late in the pouring rain!
Really informative week with some great people - particularly liked the foraging walks and the final day where we collected our own items was really useful to practice what we'd learned.

Happily I found my camera buried in our kit and although we didn't take many, there are online HERE.

If there is any chance of emailing out some of the books referred to during the week, that would be really helpful!

Thanks

Zoe & Pinky

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE