BCUK Updates

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Dear all
We're going to be posting in the main forums soon about some future updates that we're currently in the process of setting up for BushcraftUK.

BCUK is currently running on a system called vBulletin which is rapidly becoming outdated, unfortunately recent version of VB are not fit for purpose so we're having to shift the site and forums onto different platforms.

The first step will be to upgrade the front end of the site and move this to Wordpress. We have a development site setup which we're currently propagating with existing and new articles. This first stage will also include an increase in articles and content as well as some new features such as a video library that we're quite excited about.

The second phase will be to shift the forums onto Xenforo, this will take about 6 months to setup, functionality will be the same however the site will look and operate in a slightly different way.

Full/subscribing members will get a chance to beta test the new site as we work upon it and offer suggestions for functionality.

What do you need to do? Well at this stage nothing unless you want to help out then consider signing up as a full member.

We will keep you informed at every step of the way however if you have any questions please do ask.

Thanks again for your support

The BushcraftUK Team.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just so everyone knows this is still moving ahead, we're working on it and we're looking at early next year for going live, before then we'll be inviting you all to have a poke about on the new site so you can get used to it. The Full Members have been checking it out for a while now and helping to make sure that the transition is going to be as smooth as possible.

Exciting stuff goodjob

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I may have found a way for you to have a custom colour scheme, will look into it more tonight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I saw a link to the new site the other day but can't find it now. Could you put one in you sigline to make it easy to find?

Edit: Just ignore me, I re-read and see it's not been launched site wide yet. I'll pop into Full Members and find a link.

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
The link to have a look at the new stuff is here New Bushcraft UK site Beta feel free to have a look about, make comments etc. Please keep in mind that nothing on there will stay there when we move over, it will all be updated from this DB so what you write here will be there :D

It's a complete change of platform so it works a bit differently than this one, for all of us it means that things will change and some things we'll need to learn new ways to do them. On the whole the move will help us a lot, it will be much easier to use on mobile devices, it should be faster and most users enjoy using it more than vBulletin that we currently use.

We'll be moving in the next short while, we'll give you a precise date/time when we've got it. Please do have a look around on the new one though and get used to it a bit before we move over, it will be a much easier transition if it's familiar.

Thanks all, we'll keep you updated.

Norm De Plume

Aug 14, 2017
Suffolk
OK thanks, I'll look into that today. It probably means I've missed something in the email server details.

Any luck? I'm still not getting confirmation messages, either to my btinternet account or my gmail account (I registered a second account just in case I had fat-fingered the first)

One comment - the registration process only asks for the email address once, so it's possibly more prone to finger trouble.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE