BCUK Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I've put it in the diary and really hope to make it...final decision will be up to the boss though (my Mrs...not the bushcrafty type....more the prada type).

I'll let you know a bit nearer the time for sure..... I'm in Surrey and am happy to offer a lift to anyone close (jakunen...maybe) if I do go....

Cool as!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
match said:
Hmm - I probably won't be able ot make it to that part of the counry at that time of year - however, I'm sure someone mentioned organising a second/alternative one elsewhere... any chance of it being a bit further North/more centre-of-the-country? :)

We're aiming at a place that's more central, it may end up being down towards reading, although I am looking in the midlands. :biggthump

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Close to Reading would be great for me... as would most places in the midlands.

To be honest though, i'm sure it'll be worth the trip anywhere it's held.

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
Midlands would probably be about the furthest South I could easily get to - somewhere like Derby or the Lake District would be great though :roll:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I know this will make the thread confusing but the date for the other Meet up (bcuk BushMoot) is going to be..27th - 31st May and it will be near Reading. I'll put up a thread for it soon so it doesn't confuse everyone.

So, that's two sorted for this year....might be able to squeeze a third in :wink:

leon-1

I was not at the last one, but Merthyr Mawr is an SSI and I would of thought that fires and where they are started would be controlled, so you would probably be looking at communal fire pits in specific locations.

If I am wrong one of the guys will probably tell you, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be the case :wave:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Thats quite correct leon. We had a couple of communal fire pits that people could warm themselves by and cook on. Also dotted around the site are half oil drum BBQ's for people to use.

Check out the threads on the last meetup as there is a load of infomation on the site being used.

:)
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE