BCUK Meet-up Workshops?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I was just wondering what things people were thinking of running workshops in or doing demos of at the BCUK gathering? I have heard that there will be a couple of people doing knife making, one or two doing trapping, and that there will be something on tracking.

Anyone else ready to volunteer what they are planning to demo?

I have been arm twisted into a bowmaking workshop, okay, didn't take TOO much twisting, but I am still trying to work out what it is I am going to do! :roll: :lol: :eek:T: : -l)

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I,m thinking of doing a quick workshop on trapping (I'll try to get Ed to give me a hand)

Chris is doing Longbow making

Rhoda has said the will teach some tracking skills

I'm not sure who is doing the knife making

Somone will be doing fire by friction

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Think I offered to do fire by friction, but I plan to do it as a whole fire lighting lecture.

Those interested in learning fire by friction can grab me after and we'll go through it then, it will be better that way as it takes a long time to learn and one demo wont help much!

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
nice one gary :biggthump

so thats:

trapping
Long Bow making
Fire by friction (and other methods)
Tracking
Camp cookery
Knife making

sombody asked for info on finding and purifiying water so i'll see if i can sort somthing out for that

jakunen

Native
Ed said:
I think Jakunen offered to do some 'Camp Cooking' so we best get some rabbits ;-)
Ed
Yeah, I did say I'd be prepared to do camp cooking. But not in the Graham Kerr - Galloping Gourmet style (am I showing my age there???). :eek:):
Also Plant lore if anyone is interested.
I've got some new learning aids I want to get feedback on...

J

Jamie

well as I said before, if there is anyone interested in learning how to make Nootka's (its about all I can do mind :wink: ) I am more than happy to have a sit down with them.........

J

Jamie

i'm on for the 1:1 bowdrill please Gman.....or is that 120:1 now?????? :shock:

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I'm, planning some stalking and camouflage demos, including a night Noise demo!
with Leon and jakunen.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE