Not long now.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Having just got back from the winter Moot I’m already planning what we can do this Summer at the main Bushmoot.

Talking to Tony and the team this years Moot looks to be one of the best ever.

There will be a number of new prebook courses not seen before.

The site has been remodelled by the Estate with addition camping spots added and a program of tree felling to open some areas.

There is now power to the toilets and the showers are super hot. The cesspit has been sorted so now more Pooh Corner.

I will be running a One Day Practical First Aid Course for folk that already have some first aid skills like EFAW but want to progress their skills to lead DoE etc.

We will also be doing a whole days camp fire cookery course. To take you from home cook to outdoor chef culminating in a 3 course banquet. We will cover the skills you will need to really take your cooking skills to the next level. Whether your s committed light weight back packer or a dedicated car camper. This course will be suitable for carnivores, vegetarians and vegans plus those that have other dietary needs.

Finally I’ll be running a day of projectile weapons.
This will be a full day of making practical First Nations and Neolithic weapons. From the Atlatl and Spear to the sling and javelin thrower. Plus the yo-yo and survival bow

Neil will be running a Fermentation and Cheese Workshop which sounds fascinating.

Also he will be doing a days wood processing course. Axe and Saw etc.

The one I’m really excited about is going to be his survival cross bow.

I’m sure there will be other courses as well for those that want some in depth tuition.

Having power improves our options for evening activities as well.

So start thinking about what you can offer in the way of workshops during the core days. These can be small group intro sessions. We are all learning every day and I’m amazed how many truly skilled folk
attend the Moot.

Im hoping Ed will organise a lock sport competition and blag a few prizes.

Don’t forget the Naughty Corners Theme this year is Star Wars.

rabbitrex

Nov 1, 2011
Norfolk
Power to the toilets brilliant! Is there by any chance 'always on' power anywhere else? For plugging in an electric wheelchair for instance?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Or for charging my laptop.

Jobcentre are most unhappy about my summer plans, in spite of the fact I assured them it was Heritage Networking....

...it is Heritage Networking, yes?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
The intent is that power is as available (or unavailable) as it has been in the past, when it was provided by running a generator, just without the disturbance of the generator.
For a wheelchair, there might be the chance for a charge.
For a laptop (or any other tech) very unlikely.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE