BCB steel Crusader mess tin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Well folks mine arrived this morning! Unbelievably fast since I ordered it yesterday.

It looks like a great little peice of kit and yeagh you could boil up a boily bag in them but only just! Unfortunatley these do not appear to be made by BCB as opposed to made for...There is no manufacturer details at all except for Bushcraft written on the box and wther this is the name of the market or manufacturer who knows?

But hey they are robust and made out of stainless. a great wee piece of kit and combined with a mug you are sorted. I'm chuffed to bits.

Woodsmoke

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
No more details on the mess tins but I've just heard back from them about the Crusader Mug Lid and unfortunately their catalogue has pre-empted their manufacturer and they ain't expecting delivery until the start of March...

Hopefully I'll be getting one as soon as they do arrive

ATB
Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
The Crusader Mug Lid has been on release now for a couple of weeks, unfortunately the heads up the chap at BCB sent me got eaten by the spam blocker. Any how I've one on order now, the cheepest mail order one I've found is a buy it now on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Crusader-Cup-...ryZ16036QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

£2.25 plus 70p postage. I have no connection with the seller.

Has anyone got one to review yet?

ATB

Tom

PS I'm a bit confused as Survival Aids is also selling a BCB mug lid which according to the pic is a green affair with out sipping hole or lifting points, its also green not clear?

http://www.survivalaids.com/order1.php?pg=1036&mc=2

I think the listed price may be wrong as the chap I contacted quoted 3.50 or some such?

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
The clear plastic looks to have screwed up a simple idea shown by the earlier green ones.
Whats is the point of a lid with some many holes!
The BCB logo looks like a food/dirt trap and the finger grips look breakable as well as making it impossible to slide down the back of a pouch as the lid isn't flat.
I will inquire with Survival Aids to find out if they have green ones as the listing shows them but the blurb says clear.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
tombear said:
Firstly I apologise for the size of the photos, I've no idea how to shrink them.

Tom, great stuff, but please, please turn the pictures into plain links if you cant shrink them to a sensible size (try this online tool).

30 seconds using the above online image resizer gives this...
tinonclickstand.jpg

This thread is unreadable because of them. I'm reading this forum on a computer running a resolution of 1024, and I have to scroll left to right and back again, to read every line of text individually. Your first picture is 1800 pixels wide, unless you are using a plasma screen, you probably have to horizontally scroll yourself. Honestly, if you cant get your pictures down to 500-700 pixels width, then please, please dont post them inline, just leave them as links that open in a new window.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE