Batteries

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Where is the best place to get batteries in bulk?
Are you looking to buy batteries that are high output for power hungry things like cameras with a flash or run of the mill for things like remotes. Find Energiser a lot better than the likes of Duracell for higher power and places like supermarkets and PC marts have them on offer a fair bit. Just use cheap own brands in remotes and the likes, Asda, Sainsburgs and Tesco all do their own and they're actually pretty good.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Sanyo eneloops I am told are the best too get, re-chargable they are not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for... Or go to Maplins for normal AA and AAA in bulk packets, often half price they are good for a lot of the stuff you need them for.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Yep, Eneloops are the dogs bits, they arrive charged and have a very, very slow self discharge rate so you can leave them in a draw for months and they'll still be packing power. Shop around before you buy prices have dropped a lot this last year.

Another one to look at (don't laugh) are the ones sold in Lidl's, cheap as chips but a dam good battery for the money.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
rechargables now come in 1.5v form not just 1.2, they're supposed to be pretty good. Cheap o batteries I go for alkaline panasonics from poundstrecher. If not duracell or energiser.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
For rechargable batteries I have been buying from "7 day shop" from amazon they do 2900 mAh ones 1.2 v.

@ petrochemicals do you have a link for a 1.5v rechargable battery I am yet to find them?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Another vote for Eneloops.

I used to use Energizer Lithiums but I got sick of paying nearly £5 for two AAs every time I went away. I bought a 16 pack of Eneloops and a good Powerex maha charger from Dandy Shop on Amazon for around £80 I think

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've just bought a 10 pack of Eneloops from costco for £13, never used them before as i've always bought rechargeables from 7dayshop which have turned out to be good value, I'm hoping the Eneloops live up to the high praise i've read here, I think that £13 is great value for them.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I have 20 AA enloop and 12 AAA.
I've had the AA for some 3-4 years now and recharged them many hundreds of times.
I can used them in my lanterns and they will last all week out camping. Originally bought to run Nikon speed lights and they recycled the flash just as quick as the £500 Nikon power packs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I've just bought a 10 pack of Eneloops from costco for £13, never used them before as i've always bought rechargeables from 7dayshop which have turned out to be good value, I'm hoping the Eneloops live up to the high praise i've read here, I think that £13 is great value for them.

Hi tony. Ive been using the rechargable eneloops for the last few months, and they really do hold theyre charge a lot longer than the other leading brands Ive tried. Looks like a trip to costco is in order!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE