basket willow suppliers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
hey. i've recently got dead inspired to do some basket weaving, , but i've totally missed my window for cutting obviously, so i can't cut till next winter i guess

i'd still like to have a go anyway, does anyone know anywhere i can mail order basket willow from, preferably in scotland, for the sake of the postage?

cheers now

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Speak to Fiona, she orders in stuff from all over.
The Scottish Basketmakers Circle would probably be able to help too.........Bryce Reynard is in Inverness and he would probably know.
I'll see if I can find you contact details.

atb,
M

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Humblebumble,

If your ever in Fife the 'Pillars of Hercules' cafe near Falkland used to sell it.
Nice cakes too;)

cheers for that toddy, i thought of fiona almost immediately after posting this up. i don't have a contact for her though. as it goes, i've got a new landline number, i'll send it to you by PM if i can find it.

i wouldn't be at all surprised to find i know people amongst the basketmakers. never mind a small world, it's a very small country ;)

limead, thanks for that info. i doubt extremely that i'll find myself in fife anytime this year, i've only ever passed through on the train.

you never know though. i like cake too :)

it's about time i got into basketmaking. it's so much more accessible than fabric weaving.

-a

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE