Basic Campcraft Weekend 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
For those that don't know the site, it's fairly open, eg. little/no tree cover, but as it's next to a stream there's some undulations in the terrain that will break the wind a bit. I'd suggest people should plan to have some sort of shelter. Me, I'd dead soft so I'll be in my usual base-camp type setup :) I'll bring some timber for my own use and there should be some left over for the shared fire.

Andy

A few more pics

agemebe6.jpg

7apysydy.jpg

yvu8e7aj.jpg

guqudume.jpg

qa5y8ubu.jpg

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
The ground is quite soft now (I had a quick look yesterday as I was in Kirkby Lonsdale), so people will need to be careful with vehicles getting on/off. The way on to the camping area is a little slope which could be a challenge in the wet for 2wd vehicles with road tyres. It might be best if people park up by the road (only a few metres). For space reasons as well, keeping the camping area vehicle-free might be best. I'll probably drive my pickup on to unload but then park it elsewhere.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Hopefully it will have dried up a bit, definately agree about parking.i wouldnt take my car down the hill unless it 4wd. The ground there is quite rocky, you have a couple of inches of soil and then its quite stoney underneath. I use rock pegs and whack em in with a big mallet

noonan79

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2012
cheshire
I can't wait either. I've got a hectic week at work and a cold night outside will be bliss. I think I'm ok for directions thanks grey but if you can pm me your number just in case please.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE