base camp set ups

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
My camp last weekend...
HebdenHey-May2011048.jpg

...on Scout Camp. I used a tent as the forecast was wet and the area is notorious for midges!

At various Middlewood meets...
DSCN2372.jpg

DSCN2379.jpg

DSCN2896.jpg

Middlewood with the Scouts...
SDC14040.jpg

Simon

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Ian do u still do this sort of camping mate cos u normaly just bring a rucksack to middlewood

Since I've been out of work I can't afford to run a car of any sort, least of all a LandRover, so I've reduced my gear to what will fit in the push bike's panniers or in a ruck. The change from heavy base-camp car-camping ('lightweight' used to mean 'leaving the trailer at home',) to carrying everything myself has been enlightening (no pun intended) and entertaining. I've recently traded-in that monster 100 ltr army job for a 35ltr Berghaus Munro which has helped to get my pack weight well below 10kg which is a nice sort of weight to lug about. When I can get a motor again I'll probably camp a bit heavier particularly in the winter.

Last edited:

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
This was base camp until a year ago when the canvas finally rotted and we had a ceremonial bonfire...

DSCF4707copy.jpg

This is Ollie's new one

petworthcopy12.jpg

Generally our base camp is tarps and cooking range...

BearCamp064.jpg

The chainsaw is an optional extra...

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
petworthcopy12.jpg

I'm very jealous of this Stovie! I've wanted a Tipi since 1992 and met Phil Green (canoe designer) who was camping in one at an Open Canoe Association meet. It's a shame canvas is soooo expensive or I'd have one. I'll just look wistfully at this one for now.

Al

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
I'm very jealous of this Stovie! I've wanted a Tipi since 1992 and met Phil Green (canoe designer) who was camping in one at an Open Canoe Association meet. It's a shame canvas is soooo expensive or I'd have one. I'll just look wistfully at this one for now.

Al

Recycled from an "old" mess tent...didn't cost a penny...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE