Barefoot minimal shoe fans

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
b2607a90-d3c0-7384.jpg

b2607a90-d3e6-c020.jpg

As you can see.. this berserker monk needs his hats LOL

The Mighty Oak Is Merely A Nut Who Stood His Ground

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
OK point taken chaps - lol
Back to the shoes

Actually I've been wondering about a pair of light weight boots for winter use (I have my five fingers for summer). There's some interesting links in that lot and I'll have a good look through them

Cheers

mark

pastymuncher

Nomad
Apr 21, 2010
The U.K Desert
Rather than spend hundreds of pounds, I currently wear Airwalk skate shoes, but take out the insoles, there are many different styles and different sole thickness's so you need to check them out. Current pair have very thin soles and very wide toe box and £30 , old school Vans are similar but a bit narrower, rip out the insoles and you end up with about 5 mm sole with no heel lift.
Minimal heel lift, thin soles and lo cut, or leave the laces out of the top holes on hi tops.

Took me years to work out why I couldn't run in hi end running shoes and never got on well with hiking boots etc.
Spent most of my life wearing skate shoes Vans, Converse Chuck taylors etc. minimal heel lift and minimal cushioning etc etc since realising what the problem was (modern shoe designs) I've been much more critical of my footwear.

Rigid soled boots need to provide ankle support because the sole sits on top of any imperfection in the ground unlike your foot which will mould around the obstacle. Try standing on a golf ball in a pair of hiking boots and you'll roll off, try it barefoot and your foot will bend around it and still be stable (silly example but you get the picture).

My quest at the moment is to find steel toe work boots with minimalist soles:confused::confused::confused::confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE