Bahco pole pruning saws - any reviews

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I've got the wolf pruning saw attachment for their pole , I can't rate it enough. It cuts really quickly, the curve is perfect and has held its edge really well.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I have a couple of gardena peuning saws, one of them has seen a huge amount of use & abuse, and still going strong, far better than a laplander.

Rob

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i used to use one at work and it was good but mostly for pulling out hanging branches rather than actually cutting, in fact we mostly used an old knackered blade for this.
like teepee said wolf tools are great too, im after their pole saw atachment atm.

do you want it for pruning or just as a general perpos saw for bushcraft? if not for pruning you are better off with a strait saw.

pete

Lost in civilisation

Feb 19, 2005
england
i used to use one at work and it was good but mostly for pulling out hanging branches rather than actually cutting, in fact we mostly used an old knackered blade for this.
like teepee said wolf tools are great too, im after their pole saw atachment atm.

do you want it for pruning or just as a general perpos saw for bushcraft? if not for pruning you are better off with a strait saw.

pete

This is my current collection
CIMG1781Small.jpg

I am now looking at Pole Saws to cut off higher branches. I tried attaching the black handled saw to a wooden tent pole for an experiment, the weight was a pain and it took a lot of effort compared to using the saw normally.

I was looking at bahco as they seem the cheapest option for 3 metre plus poles.
I am concerned that the silky ripoffs that I own cut far better than the Bahco Laplander.
Are the large Bahco pole blades better designed ?

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
the other saws have japanese type teeth, these are more efficient but usually these jap saws are a little more fragile with very flexible blades which can easily be snapped if your not careful (even the super expensive silky saws can break). this happens if the saw gets pinches or is twisted in the cut and you push.

the bahco and wolf pole saws have normal teeth and the blades are much stiffer. from the two i would go for the wolf pole saw. the pole is much better with a locking button rather than a twist friction lock. also you can get many other attachments for the wolf poles such as a lopper head and hedging shears. also the wolf saw comes with a handle when you don't want to use it with the pole.

also all wolf stuff has a 10 year garentee. i use their anvil loppers pretty much ever day at work and my bosses pair are 12 years old and are still usable! although a bit battered lol

Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE