Endurance -Race to the Poles with Ben Fogle and Dwayne Fields

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
Did anyone watch this & what did you think of it.
They were using historical clothing (made to 'original 'specs'designs in the uk-who by does anyone know ?),original style tents & a primus stove (which are still used by the British Antartic survey when out on the ice - I did note some Titanium cookware crept in though:)

Last edited:

Springchicken

Aug 29, 2005
Northants.
I was not bowled over by episode one though I did laugh at them emerging from their reindeer skin sleeping bags covered with hairs! It might get better and more interesting as they get deeper into their trip but I did find myself asking, "What's the point?". They do not appear to be heading for the South Pole or retracing Shackleton's traverse; it seems to be just a historical re-enactment exercise with, as you observed, titanium cookware.

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
I made Ben's knife, belt and lanyard. I also made some goggles that were historically correct as opposed to the ones used. However they were delayed in transit down there and didn't make the filming.

Reactions: nigelp and TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE