Bahco Axe issue

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Dunno where you were buying your hardpoints but the ones I've always bought had set on the teeth.
Only ones that were a problem were some £3.99 ones from Wickes.
I'd been buying the £3.99 ones for a while (they used to say Jack on the blade) then they changed them (no longer said Jack on the blade) and the new one had very little set. At the time I was working on a very big roof and was cutting a lot of wet wood so it was a problem.

Went back to paying a fiver a pop for the Spear & Jackson ones instead. No more problems.

I did a quick straw poll of types of hardpoints at work the other day nd there was Spear & Jackson Bahco 244 an Irwin thing and a Old style Wikes £3.99 saw.

Every single one of them had the same type of set. It wasn't alternate set, more of a skipset tooth pattern I would say.
Looking at the teeth it goes, left set, right set, no set, then back to the start as left set, right set.

I didn't have a micrometer to check how much set there was but I'll get round to it eventually.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Please forgive the intrusion, with a question for you gentlemen. Does Bahco make the Stihl axes/hatchets for North America ? If not, do you know who the manufacturer is? Thanks.

Yes, how dare you ask a question that relates to the original post. I have never seen a thread go so off topic before lol :lmao:

Now I thought they did up until a couple of days ago when I read that the stihl axe heads are made in Germany by a German company. I have a stihl forest hatchet that looks just like the bahco hatchet. In fact run the brand name of stihl off and you would not know which one was which just by looking at them

I thought they were all made by Bahco for Stihl, which annoyed me because the Bahco one was so much cheaper. With regards to the original post, I have never had an issue with my Bahco/Stihl hatchet and it has been used a lot!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE