Bag to put rucksack in on aircraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Im trying to find out what a bag you put a rucksack in so as baggage handling don't trash said rucksack is called? My Googlefoo is letting me down.....help please?
Thanks 😀

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I do not know what it is called - I just made my own 8'x4' bag out of 4oz nylon with a side handle and a tie neck... it doubles as a flotation/storage/body bag...

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I use an Osprey Airporter. Never had any problem, but others use a cheap holdall and ditch it either end. As Martin Says, airports will cling film it for you too. :)

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I do not know what it is called - I just made my own 8'x4' bag out of 4oz nylon with a side handle and a tie neck... it doubles as a flotation/storage/body bag...
Thanks John, I had one I made bit have misplaced it and need it for a pending trip (honeymoon) to Norway :D

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Thank you gentlemen. All sorted now thanks to your suggestions 👍

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
If you can't sew your own, get some 4oz Nylon and a zip and take it to an alterations place. They'll have it done in minutes for you. Also add webbing loop for luggage tags. I had a bright orange one for a long time which was really scuffed from various airports but didn't rip. Unfortunately it got impounded at customs once in Ukraine because it was the same colour as lots of something else they had on the plane, so I'd recommend lime green or bright purple as a more unusual stand out colour.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE