Bad Ju Ju at Comrie Croft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Just been reading in the local free paper that there's been some vandalism at one the local Bushcrafters fave sites.
Comrie Croft seemingly had a Teppee vandalised and other items destroyed between Wed 29th and Thurs 30th of July. Cops are looking for any info on the matter. Also someone tried to steal a vehicle from there on the 29th between 7pm and 10.30 am the next morning.
Another local site Loch Earn had a car stolen on Saturday the 1st from a layby about half a mile from the sailing club. Guy had been walking his dog and came back to no car. Must admit Belzeebob23, Kikatito and I were up there later in the day and did see an increased police presence, though the place was hoaching with folk and not good news if folk will do that during busy daylight hours.
Just thought I'd post up so foks can be carefull, aeemingly there's been a bit of car crime round the area over the last two weeks.
Cheers
GB.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Aw that's miserable :(
It's such a friendly site, really good people, and it's in a lovely bit of the world.

Really, really sorry to hear this.

atb,
M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Aye Toddy,
I've never been but everyone raves about it, always booked up when I call. Hope it doesn't affect buisiness, just have to take precations whilst up ( as with everywhere ) not leave stuff on show and be vigilant. Or be like me and have an old banger that hopefully no-one touches.

GB.

Kikatito

Jun 15, 2009
S. Lanarkshire
Now that's not too good at all!!
Still wanna visit the site but as GB said need to be aware of what we leave in the car etc....
As for loch earn i am sure us driving up and down the road while chatting on radios, really never did draw any attention to us lol....

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I did a lap of the south road at Loch Earn a couple of years ago, the burnt out cars and caravans kind of put me off camping though.
It's always a relief to find your car where you left it after a trip don't you think, sad state of affairs when you have to think like that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE