Bad, good and better!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
You've put your point clearly and we all understand what you think. We've taken it on board and its a valid and understandable point of veiw. I'm glad you recovered well and are happy with your treatment and outcome, Boatman. Start a thread and lets discuss it there as you obviously have strong feelings and it really isn't appropriate to air them here.
Shan't post any more on this and couldn't start a thread on subject because Mod rules are against it.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Steve, I am glad your doing OK an the Old Boy improved, but can I please please stress to any one an every one that Heart issues can't always be treated this way.

My dad had his first Heart attack when I was 17, I was in colladge and I got a call from my Dad's friend saying "Chris I don't want to panic you, but your dad's just been taken to the Royal they suspect it's a Heart attack", I was 30 or so miles away and I got to where I was on public transport thankfuly one guy I was with drove me to the hospital and broke the speed of light to get me there. A few months later my dad had his first quad bypass for a few day's before my dad had been complaining about heart burn, 5 Years later I am sitting at my desk when I get a missed call on my phone and I call back it's my mum saying my dad's in hospital I get there as fast I can, my dad's been feeling "Wobbly" for a few days and had a heart attack that was number two. My dad has since had a artificial valve fitted two years ago, and my inner geek say's "Sweet Dad's a Cyborg", but it also say's "LISTEN FAT BOY, THATS YOU ONE DAY I AM YOUR BODY AND IF I SAY SOMETHINGS NOT RIGHT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND TALK TO A DOCTOR".

So if your heart is cauing you problems, seriously go an talk to a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL as soon as you are able.

But Again I am glad your doing well Ste.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Shan't post any more on this and couldn't start a thread on subject because Mod rules are against it.

And this is a perfect example of why the rule is there...

Glad you're OK Steve, but as others have said, CALL 999 if there's a next time (hopefully not)
Take care.

If it helped this person surely it doesn't matter if it's accredited or what it's called - it helped!

Lets keep things civil people please

Thanks

Mark

Wayland

Hárbarðr
A well loved and trusted member posts up he has undergone a hospital visit for heart trouble and you try and wind him up?

What planet are you from?!

Added to the ignore list.

He's from the Planet Mastermind Pete, he's always trolling on here so I just ignore him mate.

The placebo effect is well documented and even if you don't believe in "alternative treatments" in themselves then there is a demonstrable connection when people do hold a belief in them.

Hope you are well Steve but as has already been suggested, it might be a good idea to practice the Reiki on the way to the hospital.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
thank you all for your concern, and yes if there is a next time i will act in a more conventional manner.! but this tale wasnt about me, i was merely setting the scene for what i thought was a good ending to a horrible day. :) incidentaly its difficult to uphold the placebo theory unless the other person involved is capable of rational thinking?

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
beats me Gary, if its not rational then its another path yet to be 'proven'? without getting bogged down with all the usual debates, this works for me and the many people i have helped and that is all the explanation i need and justification to carry on, but were way off track now. :)

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
He's from the Planet Mastermind Pete, he's always trolling on here so I just ignore him mate.

Yeah bang to rights Wayland how clever of you, I passed the audition and had an enjoyable couple of days in Salford with the BBC. Unfortunately I was cr.p during the quiz and, as you can see was mad at myself for some stupid errors in my answers. Could ask You Tube to delete that clip but it is true so not bothered. Thank you for continuing to promote my media career.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
For whatever reason, rational or not, you're a very grounding and steadying person to be around, Steve.... I can imagine that Jim Black and his family needed that badly at that time. You were the right person, at the right time.... thats a wonderful thing to be and it obviously helped you too :cool: Ain't karma grrrreat?!

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Heal fast Steve!
As to Reiki - wonderful stuff!
My wife is a practitioner while I am a registered tutor in Spiritual Healing, both of us insured and give free sessions at our local Spiritual Centre on a regular weekly basis.
I have too often seen the beneficial effect of these treatments - be it placebo or whatever else you may want to see it as - to dismiss it as "woo-woo" and it seems to have helped both you and your ward-mate on this occasion.
I got into Healing from Martial Arts (along the study of "Ki"/"Chi") and it works for me!
I still find that Reiki or Spiritual Healing is my first stop for most of my issues - but equally, I am one of the NHS's patients as well presently undergoing tests/treatment for a couple of issues including heart/blood pressure probs.
Use all the tools in the box as a closed mind towards any of them closes of a possible source of treatment :)

I find that those with closed minds tend to also have open mouths and inflated opinions of the value of their opinions.....

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I've never heard of anyone treating a susspected heart attack with a blood transfusion?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I've never heard of anyone treating a susspected heart attack with a blood transfusion?

Transfusion or removal for tests - the beggars at our hospital have taken huge amounts out of me recently for "Testing" ... I think Vlad is on the phlebotomy team!
Interestingly there is a sign placed on top of the fridge in the bloodletting room that says "Place nothing on top of this fridge"....

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
did i mention transfusion? ok for clarity and for the benefit of accuracy, :rolleyes: they took what seemed like 2 gallons for numerous tests they were going to perform... sometimes you have to go with the flow and feel of the tale. nothing worse than having to explain a joke, Corso, dont even think of starting to pick all this apart its just a nice story. :D <<< smiley

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
If anyone picks you apart, I'll bring my new/ old hand crank machine to the next meet and sew you back together if you like... that'll have you reaching for the modern medical miracle that is anasthetics ;)

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
So of a sample of three practitioners of similar systems two have heart problems, physician healing thyself don't seem to apply then. Still, the good old NHS is there for when real medical help is needed.

To say something is worth doing because of the placebo effect is wrong if it is also promoted as medically effective. Thus massage can improve a cancer patient's well-being and the care expressed may have a placebo effect BUT the actual massage is in itself medically effective while Reiki et al are not.

A previously popular "treatment", Therapeutic Touch, was shown to be nonsense by a 9 year-old girl.
A closed mind to people firing off cannons to end a cholera epidemic as in 19th century New Orleans, for example, would seem reasonable but back then it was considered essential.

Wayland

Hárbarðr

Ever wondered why that is?

feedtroll.gif

Attachments

• feedtroll.gif
    feedtroll.gif
    3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE