Bad, good and better!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Whoa!

Glad your OK Steve :)

Take a step away from the caffiene and take it a bit easier for a little while please mate.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I think we should remember to respect others veiws rather than threadjack. If you want to "veiled insult" others beliefs, then start a thread and do it there where folk can choose to join your bandwagon freely rather than on a thread where it's going to cause potential offense to folk who want to be supportive to a much respected OP.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
it was meant to illustrate how one person can interact in a positive way towards another. self appointed?, special powers? a chaplain has special powers.? obviously things have moved on since your retirement, amazingly these people 'mumbling over me with an unproven remedy' are now used extensively within the NHS here in the midlands.

but hey ho, each to their own eh? :D

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Woo is woo and this is an open forum. The insult to pretend treatments is, I hope, not veiled. Suppose the old person had died would he have taken any responsibility for interfering in that case as well as claiming credit for an apparent recovery? Not of course that his actions would have had an effect either way.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
it was meant to illustrate how one person can interact in a positive way towards another. self appointed?, special powers? a chaplain has special powers.? obviously things have moved on since your retirement, amazingly these people 'mumbling over me with an unproven remedy' are now used extensively within the NHS here in the midlands.

but hey ho, each to their own eh? :D

The NHS still supports homeopathy to its discredit.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I remember that unproven is unproven which applies to Reiki and any other similar "treatment" especially those that rely on the abilities of a self-appointed natural healer or whatever term is appropriate. If it is legitimate to make such claims then it is legitimate to challenge them or should we be silent in admiration?

A well loved and trusted member posts up he has undergone a hospital visit for heart trouble and you try and wind him up?

What planet are you from?!

Added to the ignore list.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
You've put your point clearly and we all understand what you think. We've taken it on board and its a valid and understandable point of veiw. I'm glad you recovered well and are happy with your treatment and outcome, Boatman. Start a thread and lets discuss it there as you obviously have strong feelings and it really isn't appropriate to air them here.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Oh Steve! That's a marvellous story (& one one I recognise :)), all sorts of reasons that get these things to "happen". Glad you took care of yourself and went to the hopsital as well. Sending ... give me a shout if you need anything more.

thank you Elen, it was so nice to talk to someone with an open mind at out North Wood meet. exchanging ideas and experiences can only take you forward. :)

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
boatman dont know who you are but as turbogirl said if you want to start a thread on this by all means do but i see you know( how to win friends and influence people) already and yes this is an open forum but that does not give you the right to berate people about there beliefs i think you need reed my avatar or is that wrong to?
hi steve hope your recovering well matey don't snuff it till you've taught me how to do a wood spirit lol:lmao:
all joking apart take it easy fella hope to see you soon regards dave

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
A well loved and trusted member posts up he has undergone a hospital visit for heart trouble and you try and wind him up?

What planet are you from?!

Added to the ignore list.

thanks for your input Pete, this thread was meant to have a happy and enlightened feel, its a real shame that there are, some say closed minded, people who are intent for whatever reason in trying to distort and discredit a perfectly valid belief, i wondered where i got the inspiration for my carvings. :D just a joke boatman, just a joke. :rolleyes:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
boatman dont know who you are but as turbogirl said if you want to start a thread on this by all means do but i see you know( how to win friends and influence people) already and yes this is an open forum but that does not give you the right to berate people about there beliefs i think you need reed my avatar or is that wrong to?
hi steve hope your recovering well matey don't snuff it till you've taught me how to do a wood spirit lol:lmao:
all joking apart take it easy fella hope to see you soon regards dave

ha ha! deal mate, its been too long!

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
no i havant yet will have a look were there tongues between there lips in concentration ha ha ive got to get down there soon before the old fella snuffs it ,says someone who is 60 yrs old next week lol regards to you all dave :lmao:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Hey Steve - I thought I was the one supposed to stir things up:) Glad to see you're taking it all in good spirits (or should that be woodspirits?!)

And Boatman - shut the hell up! Not the time or the place......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE