Bad, good and better!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hiya :)

have to tell you this little story, karma certainly moves in strange ways! but dont be alarmed it all worked out well. :cool:

last night i probably had a heart attack, but i managed to fend the worst of it off with Reiki, not a pleasant experience but i was confident.

i didnt go to hospital last night, the pain had abated and i was washed out. went to work this morning still feeling a twinge so decided to have it checked out. 7 hours, must have been 2 gallons of blood! numerous ECG's, blood tests and hundreds of questions later it seems everything was ok at the time of testing, but they havnt had their pound of flesh yet! they want a CT scan at some point. :rolleyes:

anyway while i was in the 'monitoring' ward... and this is the 'better' bit... there was an old boy in the opposite bed with his wife and daughter in attendance. he had advanced dementia, but was in there because his meds had been changed by the care home doctor and that had sent him voilent, with complete loss of speech memory and function. watching from my pitch, his family were obviously distressed and worn out by his behaviour.

so i asked his wife if it was ok to give him Reiki... the transformation was almost immediate, you could see him mellowing, his eyes opened, bright and inquisitive, he smiled at his wife in recognition and spoke clearly. i left them holding hands, it was a very moving moment which bought a tear to my eye.

so, ok initially bad for me, i got a tentative good result, but the icing on the cake was that poor old Jim Black was feeling better. :D

there will no doubt be folk who will mock this, but you wernt there...

Last edited:

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Swiz! I didn't get any blood with my heart attack but on the plus side I didn't have somebody mumbling over me with an unproven remedy.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I used to work in a chiropractic college. I was sceptical about complementary therapies when I started there, much less so when I finished.

Bottom line with treatments like reiki: if the patient feels better, that is all the outcome you need. :) Well done.

Glad you are feeling better too. Take care of yourself.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
A good positive thing to do for somebody, very satisfying to hear such good news: Let them as wants mock all they wants - they might need such a thing one day and I can only hope there'll be somebody like you there for them................A happy tale ......atb mac

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
I have no idea about Reiki, but as said before, if it helped you, great. And that you could help someone else, fantastic.

Do me a favour next time tho. Go to hospital :)

P

Passer

I`m sure the other family will be more than pleased with your help.
Take care.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Thats so typical of our favourite 'giver'... playing down your own problems to focus on helping others. You got to help US by putting yourself first and getting down to the hospital rather than putting it off in future, pleaaaase!!

It'll be like a full MOT and service to have that CT scan and your strength and the reiki will back up the docs and no doubt stun them with your outcomes, I'm sure you'll have a lot more folk whose indifference is disproved by seeing how a natural spiritual healer can add to the outcomes of conventional medicines alone.

Your North Wood flock love you as our goodly shepherd and are all wishing you well :) You take lots of care of yourself, accept help from your family and let us know if theres anything we can do to support you :) xxxx

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
The effects of medicines wear off so that may have been the case with the old chap. People do improve without wafting. Still glad you weren't hospitalised for long and were allowed to move around so it can't have been too bad.

In my ward those with heart attacks weren't even allowed out of bed to go to the loo for a day at least. What we did have were some brilliant gallows humour jokes going round which were very therapeutic, better than a visit from the chaplain or anybody else claiming special powers.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
boatman, you keep forgetting this little emoticon...:pokenest: :D

I remember that unproven is unproven which applies to Reiki and any other similar "treatment" especially those that rely on the abilities of a self-appointed natural healer or whatever term is appropriate. If it is legitimate to make such claims then it is legitimate to challenge them or should we be silent in admiration?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE