Backpacking Light - The Pocket Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I recently acquired BPL Pocket Stove which I'd intended to use with my Trangia burner, but the problem I've found is that trying to extinguish the Trangia burner with the Trangia simmer ring is something of a death defying act. The stove is really narrow at the top and the simmer ring just about fits through on an angle with a good deal of prodding. It's all a bit hit and miss and injury is almost a foregone conclusion. Has anyone use the Pocket Stove with a Trangia and found a more elegant solution to the crispy finger dilemma?

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product571.asp

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I havent got one but i once got told that it makes it easier to put the snuffles ring on with one those extendable magnet things! Try it! :)

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I had one very briefly and didnt like it for several reasons.
PITA to light
PITA to extinguish
all i seemed to do was feed it matchsticks because you couldnt get owt half decent in to burn.

Hog On Ice

Nomad
Oct 19, 2012
Virginia, USA
I don't know if this will work with the Trangia but I have been known to extinguish an alcohol burner by just blowing my breath hard straight down onto the burner. Might be worth a try since you have everything you need right with you at all times.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
or keep stove, invert trangia screw lid , place on , leave to cool , watch meths evapourate , screw cap on trangia . Or place screw lid on by dropping over right way round and quickly removing again.

I've always used the screw cap as i could never pour the majority of the meths back into the container, only on the floor, but then again it does weigh 10g and who needs fingers ?. Do wait for it to cool as its not about the rubber ring , its about the vacuum and problem of removing the cap the next time.

good luck

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
unless you got some kinda flu pandemic, leading to a world war, etc !?!?! That could really feck up the woods,

orher voice "now you come to mention it that has been happening a bit more often "

hitler voice " its the jews i tell ya"

lawyer voice " in no way are me my client or bushcraft uk antisemitic , the above is a comment is one of derilement of idiotic mindsets, and also non of the above, hitler voice included , affiliated to flu , world wars, the army, jesus mary, a sword distributing lady or any other supernatural immortal deity"

"Mmmmm,, ?????? ,,,,,,, "

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE