Baby Bunny (Large Pic)

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
27,223
2,736
Mercia
I blame the close up on his inexperience rather than my field craft. Cute little fellah though (and not enough meat on him yet ;) )

520079983_6d0ce885c4_b.jpg


A nice day to be out on the chalk - got a lovely photo of a Chalk Hill Blue butterfly, an oil beetle and a few more that I'll put in my Blog later

Red
 
Yeah this was with the 400D. I was using a Sigma 135 - 400 zoom wound down to about 200. I'm guessing he was about 8 feet away :)

Red
 
Woodwalker,

Glad you liked them!

I'm taking a sabbatical for a while from work and wanted to get out and about more often. I tend to walk in some lovely places, plan to get a certain shot (I was after bee orchids today) and end up with something else entirely.

A very wise nature photographer once said - you can go, you can plan, but if a shot is offered - take it!

I had no intention of taking a pic of a bunny today, but there he was :D. I don't specialise mind you - I love birds, beasts, trees and flowers so I'm pretty much guaranteed to see something I like!

Red
 
I think the amount of meat on small rabbits might surprise you, and ditto what lurch says about milky or pregnant.

I guess it is no surprise that adult females spend most of their time one or the other.

If you are going to eat them , there is very little fat on wild rabbit, old rule of thumb says a potato in the pot for every rabbit just to balance things out.

Tant
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE