Ayrshire D&G meet confirmed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Puddock

Nomad
Nov 7, 2010
Dumfries and Galloway
Just bear in mind that there is a private residence on the site now. The forestry sold off the former campsite managers house at the start of the year. Not sure whether the new owners are in residence?

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
There should be plenty deadfall around but may I suggest a bag of logs from whoever can?

Gets us a cooking fire if we've some good dry stuff with us.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
We'll bring a bag of logs and a fire pit. What about food? Is it just feed yourself or are we group cooking?

Any one else going to bring a canoe?

Dave

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I should be down late afternoon on the friday as the kids finish school at 12.30 .
We might only stay till late on saturday evening as my wife is finding it hard to get cover for work on sunday.

I will bring some wood and double As . is there anything else that we need to bring ?

Craig............

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
We'll bring a bag of logs and a fire pit. What about food? Is it just feed yourself or are we group cooking?

Any one else going to bring a canoe?

Dave

Fire pit would be good Dave.

I think we're having a communal stew as we do, as main meal, Jason is bringing some beef i think so any other meats,game,offal and vegetables won't go wrong.

Breakfasts and snacks as usual, d.i.y, unless again as usual there's a glut and we just feed of each others makings.:camping:

You can get in the water with the canoes,just a wee portage to the waters edge.

Puddock

Nomad
Nov 7, 2010
Dumfries and Galloway
I will be in a tent as I don't have a hammock yet (but will soon)

I am also bringing my 10 year old son for his first camping trip, unless there are any objections? He won't be any bother, but he is autistic.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Sounds like a good first trip for the wee man, I'm sure he'll be more that welcome.

Think I'll just take my 'mansion' that I took to Etive then and get all kinds of cramp trying to sit up :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE