Ayrshire D&G meet confirmed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
We need a meet in Ayrshire or nearby and i've started this for a discussion/census of opinion on a venue.

Suggestions so far are Glentrool,old Caldons camp site.

Loch Doon.

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
Eglington is right along the road from me and fairly easy travel, if its further afield like forest of galloway can i ask for a lift from someone passing Irvine? More than happy to share fuel costs.

Tom

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Yip, up for this, dates? For me, near pub transport link would be good or I'll be needing a lift (will share costs etc.).
jon

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Eglington is right along the road from me and fairly easy travel, if its further afield like forest of galloway can i ask for a lift from someone passing Irvine? More than happy to share fuel costs.

Tom

No problem with a lift Tom I'm in Sunny Saltcoats so will be passing you no matter where we go.
Where's Caldon camp site it's a new one on me , never heard of it so that might be interesting, car parking? Dates should be ok hopefully.

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
Thats brilliant Sniper, thanks very much.

Unfortunatley i'm not allowed to drive through medical reasons.

I've been down to the forrest of galloway with friends before and the glen trool area is lovely, infact thats the first place i ever had a quick shot of a hammock!

Tom

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
No problem with a lift Tom I'm in Sunny Saltcoats so will be passing you no matter where we go.
Where's Caldon camp site it's a new one on me , never heard of it so that might be interesting, car parking? Dates should be ok hopefully.

John,Caldons was the campsite at Glentrool.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I'll maybe give Eglinton a call to see availability and costs and if they would lay on another of their ranger walks/talks on flora & fauna if anybody is interested in that venue.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE