Axe and saw carrier - prototype

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
That's excellent Rich. I need to make something similar for my snake equipment. I'm using an old pool cue case at the moment, but something custom like that would be perfect.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Thats great mate, love it when people make great stuff and give you inspiration, that why i love so many different people doing different designs, we can all take a little of each and make our own, fantastic work mate, looks very functional.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Thanks for the comments folks, gives me a bit more confidence to have a go at another one now.

My canvas arrived yesterday but I'm going away tomorrow for a few days so it'll have to wait.

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
"I'm still thinking about the closure, probably gonna go for a button and thong wrap although a nice leather strap and brass buckle would work"

Looks great buddy! Wish i was clever enough to make one of those! if i could i would have to go for a nice dark green canvas and dark brown leather strap closure, think that would look great! IMO. :)

Spikey DaPikey

Feb 8, 2006
North West, near the land of the Pies
For a saw blade protector, look in the stationary shops for the plastic clips for holding papers together.....

PVC_binding_slide.jpg

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Yeah that's a good point Steve

My spare 2ft blades I have at the moment are in a cardboard sleeve but that might not always be the case. I was gonna try and find one of those slim plastic things you just slide onto the teeth.

Do somewthing like coating it in wax (melted candle-wax should work) and wrapping it; rust is nasty stuff.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I made a case about 15 years ago for my folding saw (one of those triangular aluminium jobbies). Reinforced the bottom with some suede, simple drawstring and cord-lock in the other end, and a piece of webbing sewn along the side for attaching it to things. I just sewed down the webbing every inch or two, and it is then easy to attach to a backpack; as long as there are any straps on the side of it the saw-case will "fit" there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE