Autumn is here

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I needed to be out and about this morning and it really was the first perfect Autumnal morning. Low mist, cool and crisp. Stunning to watch the hares break from their forms in the last of the long hay meadows as the sun turned the mist pink. To cap it off a herd of curlews flew over calling just as I left the fields into the lane.

Sometimes its just good to be alive :)

bernie66

Tenderfoot
Oct 7, 2007
wirral uk
www.downsizer.net
The red deer are all starting to move. Their cover (the wheat fields) have all been cut and they are very visible, even later into the day. The morning fogs are lingering later though. Definite signs of autumn here too.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
It certainly is here, 4c at 06:45 this morning. I lit an Optimus 111T in the shed to heat it up while I fettled another stove.

That said there is not a cloud in the sky now.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
yeah, had a wander for a few miles about 7 this morning and it was lovely, although I was walking just below the fog most of the time, it's burnt off and it's very clear now but still a chill to the air...I hope it's a nice Autumn with a Winter following rather than a not sure season...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Lovely stuff Red, and beautifully put. That low mist always reminds me of driving through England in the early hours of the morning when I used to visit more often. We get it here too, but there's something about how it sits in the landscape down there that makes it seem timeless.

So saying inversions and mist are pretty darn nice as they spill over hills here too!

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
This morning I decided to walk to one of my job's and it took me through a park I know VERY well and during early morning it's a bit of a rabbit hot spot but blow me I saw a hare, I love this time of year nice weather evening's that are just long enough and it's my birthday so I take a week off and do everything I have been planning to do all summer.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Worry not, we were referring to the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness in the Gods own country - not the relative heat of a colonial swamp ;)

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
You know I have always wonderd just how people in places like Florida keep track of the seasons, I know it must get cooler or hotter and I am missing out on the subbtle things but because it's so obvious to us more northern people with more dramatic changes in whether might miss them but it just puzzles me.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Lovely autumn here too- frosts have arrived- only two but there here. Leaves are turning and the sloes are ready! It's all good here - and I do love the chilly mornings :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE