Attaching a yoke to PLCE Side pockets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well, bought the side pockets for my Sabre and got a yoke chucked in . So far so good. Attaching the side pockets to the Sabre - easy peasy.

Attaching the yoke to the side pockets :confused: :confused: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: No idea.

Can anyone show me a picture of how it's done please?

Heers hoping

Red

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Hi Red

Been a while since i've done this but here goes......

Zip the 2 pockets together
At the top of the yoke there should be 2 male snap connecters
Snap these into the two female connectors either side of the zips
Again do the same to the bottom of the pouches
Then my pouches had 2 little straps on the bottom, looks like you could attach a kip mat or something similar.
Unsnap these and they connect to the front straps to complete the daysack.
I think there was a longer strap that went round the middle, i used to feed these round the back to hold both pouches in place and stop them banging around.

I think thats right i always found my daysack a little too tight under the arms but i am quite a big bloke

No pictures sorry as i am at work at the moment, but if you are having any more problems let me now and i'll dig mine out and do some piccies for you.

Hope that helps a bit :confused:

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I know there's a good pic around somewhere, but I'm buggered if I can remember where...

Anyway. Zip the two side pockets together side-by-side. Attach the top buckles (two on each pouch) to the two corresponding clips on the top of the yoke. Thread the waist strap through the loops on the back of the pouches. Attach the inside lower buckle on each pouch to the corresponding clip at the base of the yoke. Finally, attach one end of an extension strap (you do have two extension straps, don't you?) to the buckle on the front shoulder of the yoke, and the other end to the spare outer buckle on a pouch. Do this so that the adjustable end of the strap is attached to the yoke.

Clear as mud, I'm sure... I may have some of the terminology a bit wrong too. ;)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Aaah - there in lies the problem - no clips on the yoke! Thats fairly easily fixed I guess!

Red

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Then you have a main webbing yoke rather than an daysack yoke. They are not the same. You want to get yourself the right yoke rather than mess about trying to convert one into the other.

If you want rid of that yoke, I could perhaps be persuased... ;) I'm toying with a Rappelby-style webbing set, and could probably use one.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
I'll dig mine out tonight and post a photo or two on here so you know where they should go.....

......in fact never mind as i mentioned before i don't get on with mine and my bergan is well and truly shafted after many years of faithful service.
PM me your address and i'll send you mine, It's from SASS a bit of a custom job.

Nice to be able to help you for a change after all the help you gave me with knife polishing! :D
Martin

Reactions: British Red

leon-1

Red, when you have the correct yoke, you will be able to attach your side pouches either as a double or as a single. so you can be carrying either ten or twenty litres.

I normally have the yoke attached to one of my side pouches even when it is attached to the Sabre 45, it works as a handy grab bag.

I'll put some pictures up later on of how it is configured if you wish:)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
All pictures gratefully received - so thank you E-Spy (as much as anything for letting me know I'm not the first bloke to suffer the problem), Cheers Leon and a super duper big thanks to Martin along with a bloody great rep point (oh and yes please mate - SASS kit is the DBs if its like me ventile smock)

Red

(damn this is a great forum)

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
leon-1 said:
Red, when you have the correct yoke, you will be able to attach your side pouches either as a double or as a single. so you can be carrying either ten or twenty litres.

That's a point actually - I've never been happy with my single pouch arrangement. How are you doing that? Are you just not connecting the lower clips to the yoke?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Dunc,

I've sent a snottogram to the bloke who sent it to me (with the pockets). If he doesn't want it back when he sorts it out, its yours mate - drop me a PM with you addy on

Red

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
British Red said:
All pictures gratefully received - so thank you E-Spy (as much as anything for letting me know I'm not the first bloke to suffer the problem), Cheers Leon and a super duper big thanks to Martin along with a bloody great rep point (oh and yes please mate - SASS kit is the DBs if its like me ventile smock)

I was lagging somewhat on posting it - saved me typing it again :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Lol well thanks Peter, Martin, Dunc and Leon.

Dunc - you win the PLCE yoke (only fair since Martin is sending me a proper one!)

Large glasses of mead all round I feel

Red

Reactions: gregorach

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE