Attaching a yoke to PLCE Side pockets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No worries Leon - I think it was the complete lack of clips that threw me a curve ball - hopefully all will be clear when the proper bit of kit arrives courtesy of a very very nice man :)

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Your a wunnerful fellah ;)

Have a glash of mead - ish godda be better than the Absinthe - wunder if day go well togedder?

Red

ozymandias

Aug 18, 2006
cheltenham
ah i can contribute here, if only a little bit- it's good, when you do get a daysac yoke, to thread the female clips at the top of the daysac through the radio lead guide loops on the top of the shoulders of the yoke itself, as that ensures the daysac sits upright and does not slump backwards. also to clip all four top clips in, not just the two middle ones, to stop the thing wanging around when you are walking.

oh and as another poster said, don't bother to unclip the yoke when you put it on the bergen, just zip it on and i've never had it fall off.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hmmm cheers ozzy (I think). Tell you what guys, when Ark Angels care package shows up, I'll lay it all out and do a photo shoot of how I put it together. You can then all snigger and correct my mistakes. Deal?

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Excellent Resource Batfink - many thanks!

Leon - I reckon thats worth a sticky link if you can wave your Mod like wand?

Red

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
can anybody clarify how to set up a single pouch and day sack yolk. Or am I just bieng thick (rhetorical that last bit)

Nick

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
gregorach said:
That's a point actually - I've never been happy with my single pouch arrangement. How are you doing that? Are you just not connecting the lower clips to the yoke?

the double plce set up should be connect all four clips at the top of the zipped together rocket pouches, the two either side of the join clip to the yoke base,
the waist belt goes through the loop at the back ot the pouch and finally the front yoke straps clip to the last two cilps on the rocket base with a utility strap that should have three male clips on.

for the single set up you clip the top of the pouch to the yoke, then pass the waist belt through the loops at the back of the pouch (the base clips on the yoke arent used) the utility straps the clip to the base clips on the pouch.

the loops on the bottom of the rocket pack and the extra clip on the utility strap is to enable you to do away with the standard plce yoke and make a patrol type web set up.

if thats what you were after :)

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
crazydave said:
the double plce set up should be connect all four clips at the top of the zipped together rocket pouches, the two either side of the join clip to the yoke base,
the waist belt goes through the loop at the back ot the pouch and finally the front yoke straps clip to the last two cilps on the rocket base with a utility strap that should have three male clips on.

for the single set up you clip the top of the pouch to the yoke, then pass the waist belt through the loops at the back of the pouch (the base clips on the yoke arent used) the utility straps the clip to the base clips on the pouch.

the loops on the bottom of the rocket pack and the extra clip on the utility strap is to enable you to do away with the standard plce yoke and make a patrol type web set up.

if thats what you were after :)

Thanks - that makes a bit more sense. I have the Web-Tex stuff and it seems that some of the loops on the side pouches are just a fraction too small to pass the buckles of the waist belt through. Anybody else found this problem??

Nick

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ark Angel,

I have just had to floss my brain - I had an image of you using brute force whilst wiggling

Euuuuuu

Red ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE