Assault boot insoles???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

steve75

Tenderfoot
Oct 11, 2012
Tyne & wear
Today i took delivery of a pair of British army assault boots. I have had these boots before and have been very happy in the past. The ones i got are grade 1 but looking at them they are like new. My last pair i fitted a cheap set of memory foam insoles. I am after insoles for my new pair what do you lot recommend???

steve75

Tenderfoot
Oct 11, 2012
Tyne & wear
Any suggestions for something cheaper? The ones suggested so far cost more than the boots. Last pair i had some very cheap memory foam form the pound shop. I want something better this time but set a limit of £10 or less. Just to let you know I use the boots mainly for general day to day during bad weather and when i go fishing. No long hikes with kit or anything like that.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Superfeet Green - cost you £30ish, but last for years and years. Your feet, ankles, knees, and hips will be better aligned, and your body will thank you. Spend the money is my recommendation.

Soft squishy insoles are superficially comfortable, but actually don't really provide the correct support. Some people will get on with them, but most people will notice the difference (usually in their knees at the end of a day) when they change to a proper supportive insole. I have the superfeet green, but also a custom pair that cost me £125. Not too much difference in performance between the two to be honest. But a world of difference between the various cheap sorbothane and gel insoles I used to use.

Greek1983

Forager
Jan 23, 2011
Athens, Greece
Any suggestions for something cheaper? The ones suggested so far cost more than the boots. Last pair i had some very cheap memory foam form the pound shop. I want something better this time but set a limit of £10 or less. Just to let you know I use the boots mainly for general day to day during bad weather and when i go fishing. No long hikes with kit or anything like that.

Had these for my Greek Army Boots. 3 years later and still last.

http://www.spservices.co.uk/item/Magnum_MagnumM-PACTPlusComfortContouredInsole_0_8_3304_0.html

Magnum also offers another model

http://www.copshopuk.com/acatalog/Magnum_3D__Footbed_-_Size_6.html

ThriftyKnight

Sep 29, 2012
Derby
Yeomans do a pretty decent insole for about £6.99

Moulded foam with shaped heel, gel pads under the heel and toes. They are comfy and pretty sturdy. I've got them in my workboots and running gear and they have lasted me for well over a year so far.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE