Asking for links

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
Heyho ,
Just wondering . When people ask for links is it because they are using a phone in the field and it's difficult ( I don't know if it's hard or not I'm a bit behind the times ) , or is it because they don't know how to use an internet search function ie google .
If it's the former it might be an idea to append the post with "I'm in a field " if it's the latter maybe you could add " can't be arsed / don't know how / didn't read the OP , can you look it up for me "
Or perhaps someone could do a guide on how to use search and make it a sticky .
I'm joking of course , but do some people find it difficult ?
Cheers , Trev .

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
in my experience it is because a search - particularly an on site one - can throw up so many results to trawl through you'd spend all your free time trying to find what someone could easily (if they feel so inclined) hand you straight away. Of course if they feel you shouldn't have it that easy then thats up to them ;)

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi Trev , If its in relationship to something that is being advertised for sale I think Links tend to be a good thing , it removes doubt and clarifys exactly what is being sold , if you can produce a link stating the one you are selling is likr the one linked it would aid the sale.
If its just a general post without link I wouldn't fret unless I ( as the OP ) felt the post content warranted a link or was of substantial interest or concern to require one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE