Ash bark container

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Just finished this container after getting some nice bark as a by-product from some Ash turning timber I gathered.
I thought it was a shame not to put it to good use with it being so clean, as it is normally wasted when preparing the blanks

S5000845_zps53071f2b.jpg

More pictures/info in the blog if you fancy a gander http://woodsmancrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/ash-bark-container.html

Hope you like,
Addo.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers guys.

You'd find it easy Fish, if you can get hold of some bark give it a whirl fella.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Neatly done Addo! I wanted to try making one for ages but all the excuses..............................makes me sick. Again, well done man! :)

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thanks guys.
I found out it doubles up as a daft hat during demonstrations this weekend :)

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i got to have a look at this "in the flesh" at the weekend and it's a great little basket, although not nearly as little as the pictures led me to believe. as addo pointed out himself, an opinel really isn't the best choice for a sense of scale :)

cheers

stuart

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I know, what a dimebar eh :rolleyes:. I think I put elseware that its an Opinel No.7 but forgot. My brains not what it was these days :confused::D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE