Arya exploring her new neighborhood. Norway.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
This will be a thread where I share my new neighborhood with you :) I live in an almost endless hiking area in the region "Aust-Agder".
Was it correct to label the thread as "overseas"? I live here (obviously), but to most of you this is overseas. Let me know if i need to change it :)

I started today with a hike to Fennefoss Fjellet - 490 meters, and Furustovhei - 567 meters, in Evje, with a good friend of mine and her dog.
The weather was great, and the spirit was high. We did not see any animals of interest due to our noisy selves, laughing and joking all the way. If we ever go hunting together I fear that we will come home empty-handed :lmao: Probably with improved abs...
Well...No animals, but a wonderful day nonetheless! The hike was only 9 km long, in various terrain, but we both had stuff waiting for us at home so it was perfect for today :)

FF32 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Our backpacks for today. And no, we were not planning on staying outside for a week, even though it might look like it ;)

FF30 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
The unicorn on Fennefoss Fjellet. Supposedly painted by some british soldiers during a military exercise. I hope they did it on their spare time...

FF28 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

FF26 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr[/IMG]

FF25 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr[/IMG]
The occasional shower, in case you are enjoying yourself to much.

FF23 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

FF22 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

FF21 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

FF19 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

FF17 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

FF16 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Taking a short brake :) I am the one to the right.

FF10 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Do you see the little Troll?

FF9 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

FF6 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

FF5 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
The view on the way.

FF4 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

FF3 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Very old buildings, from a time when things were ment to last.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Thank you MartinK9! I hope you will enjoy your next trip :)

British Red; The dog is a mix between a Pointer and a Swedish Foxhound, and he is wonderful. Needs to be kept on a leash at all time though :D

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Very autumnal colours in some shots.
Dog looks like its part english pointer, not german?
Very attractive....

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Wonderful scenery. It looks like around here, but you have given it an extra dimension by your photographic style. Looks more.... raw, wild, trollish...

I have a ski- and foxhunting trip planned to the eastern highlands coming january. And I am totally inexperienced in both, so that should prove interesting.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
With that bloodline he must make a great hunting dog!

He has a very high hunting drive, and his body gives promise of great stamina. I think she is planning on using him on hare, but he might as well end up with birds :) Right now he gets "los" (I don´t know the english word for this) on everything that moves, so he needs some training before he will be useful :p

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Wonderful scenery. It looks like around here, but you have given it an extra dimension by your photographic style. Looks more.... raw, wild, trollish...

I have a ski- and foxhunting trip planned to the eastern highlands coming january. And I am totally inexperienced in both, so that should prove interesting.

Thank you very much! :D I was unfortunate to break the camera lens that really was the most suited for landscape, so I had to take my 400 mm. The swedish forest is just as trollish and captivating as the norwegian :) We are lucky!

I would love to read about your hunting trip as well!
I think, if you are inexperienced in both, you will have many great and funny stories for the campfire :lmao: I wish you all the best on this trip, and please share the stories!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Cracking trip report and photographs. All three of you look happy and at home in your beautiful surroundings.
Thanks for sharing them.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Thank you! I don't have the opportunity to travel far away very often, due to a stable with 10 horses. But I can still enjoy the "backyard" every day :D

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
super nice photos, very inspiring and pure. Really like all those mosses and lichens...old forest and pure places
I think the style of one photos reflect ones look on nature

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE