Arya exploring her new neighborhood. Norway.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Lovely photos, Arya! My family are from Sandefjord, to the east of you. I try and visit when I can and was going this spring but, unfortunately, can't make it. Luckly the RyanAir flights that are supposed to go to "Oslo" actually land in my family's town :)

Thank you! Sandefjord is not far away :D I have friends living close to Sandefjord (in Andebu and Tønsberg).
Very convenient for you that Torp Airport is up and running! It is so easy to travel when you can just take a plane and even land close to the destination :)
I hope you will have a great time next time you visit Sandefjord!

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Blimey..! Jam on Black Pudding. I'll take yer word for it....:)

Haha, I can see that it might sound a bit...weird, but I promise that they taste wonderful together :) Apple jam and even jelly made by fir branches tastes good with the sweet cinnamon taste of the black pudding. Yummy!

Jan 3, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Haha, I can see that it might sound a bit...weird, but I promise that they taste wonderful together :) Apple jam and even jelly made by fir branches tastes good with the sweet cinnamon taste of the black pudding. Yummy!

Definitely going to put hairs on yer chest..! I do like Black Pudding... and am partial to my Auntie's home-made Jam. 'Spose there's no harm in taking a nibble.. wouldn't be taken aback either if I found I liked the devilish combo.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I like the use of a deer hide as picnic blanket.

Thanks for posting. As a number have observed the scenery and your joyful enthusiasm is an inspiration to get out there and make the most of our short time on this planet.

K

Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
Fantastic stuff, I fell in love with Norway a few years ago I spent a few months at Skeikampen (about 40 mins away from Lilyhammer) doing biathlon training. I would move there tomorrow if I could.

Takk

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Definitely going to put hairs on yer chest..! I do like Black Pudding... and am partial to my Auntie's home-made Jam. 'Spose there's no harm in taking a nibble.. wouldn't be taken aback either if I found I liked the devilish combo.

Hm... I still haven´t grown a single hair on my chest. Maybe I´m doing it all wrong :lmao:
(And thank God for that!)
I look forward to hear what you think of the combination! :D

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
I like the use of a deer hide as picnic blanket.

Thanks for posting. As a number have observed the scenery and your joyful enthusiasm is an inspiration to get out there and make the most of our short time on this planet.

K

Thank you so much for the kind comment! To me, being outside and enjoying nature, is all about what you said there; making the most of our short time on this planet :)
The deer hide is excellent as a blanket! Obviously a bit unpractical if you need to save space when packing, but on shorter hikes like that one we indulged ourselves with the luxury of the hide.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Fantastic stuff, I fell in love with Norway a few years ago I spent a few months at Skeikampen (about 40 mins away from Lilyhammer) doing biathlon training. I would move there tomorrow if I could.

Takk

Thank you! :D I am happy to hear that you had a good time in Norway! I have a cousin that lives in Lillehammer. Perfect area for skiers I imagine!

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Photo spam again, from my corner of the world :)

First from an overnighter earlier this summer, to "Himmelsyna", located a few hours walk north of my home.
We were lucky to have our sherpa (neighbor) drive us a good stretch on our way in, since we started in the afternoon and wanted to make sure we could navigate and set camp before dark.

GW5 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

GW4 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

GW1.B by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Loading off and saying goodbye to our very helpful sherpa. The Geländerwagen takes one hell of a beating!

We continued at foot and found our selves a nice spot to camp for the night, before continuing the next day.

HS2 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

HS5 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

A1 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

HS3 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

HS1 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

Primus4 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
I bet you can already guess what´s cooking in that pot. Yes, it is that foul looking dish you´ve seen before...

HS37 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

I slept outside my friend and her dogs tent, in my sleeping bag and jerven, lulled into sleep by the sound of the Black Grouse´s mating ritual. Not the worst lullaby I can think of :)

Next morning we continued our journey, and had wonderful weather all day. All three dry, varm and well fed, a good start of the day!

HM34 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Happy feet with layering ;)

HM35 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

A10 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

HS30 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

HS21 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

HS17 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
A beautiful, big mountain Birch that we came across on the way. I love how they get all crooked.

HS22 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

We eventually ended up on a marked trail, and were now close to our destination.

Grevling by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Apparently badgers go hiking to Himmelsyna too.

HS23 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
The view from Himmelsyna. At this point three municipalities meet.

HS27 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

We had a short break, enjoying the view and planning our route home again.
Since I´m here to write this post, we obviously made our way back home. No food for the crows that weekend either…

HS25 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Planning the route..

HS24 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
.. And setting it.

A6 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

HS14 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

HS20 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

HS7 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

HS9 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Almost home again, and time for our last break, and cool down tired feet in the river.

A really nice trip where all went quite smoothly! Nobody got injured or died, so I suppose we should call it a success. I can´t wait to go skiing up there in the winter!
Thank you for reading!

Last edited:

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Great trip in a very beautiful country!
I like the Mohawk haircut on your dog!

No blodpølse this time?

Thank you Janne! No, no blodpølse this time :D I highly doubt that I would get my friend to eat that. I wanted to make Finnbiff, but she was too sceptical to even want to try that (!!!), so we just went for the same old, safe pot of peas, potatoes and salted pork. But I haven't given up on expanding her gastronomical horizon ;)
It's her dog by the way :D

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Just came home from a weekend in the mountains in the Koppang area. Something else in autumn weather....

Are you drowning over there too? We're having so much rain these days that it's not funny anymore... Horrible camping weather! I hope he autumn weather was better at Koppang, so you didn't have to lose unneccesairy space in the rucksack for diving mask and snorkel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE