Arya exploring her new neighborhood. Norway.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Thank you! :D
I love it here! You probably have some really nice places near your home as well :)

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
It has been busy around here lately, and cold, but now I feel spring is close! Energy levels are rising, and my inner bear is crawling out of hibernation.
My dog is very old now (13), so she can no longer go for long walks, but here are a few pictures from todays stroll in the hood ;)

Isdråper by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

BeverBørre1 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Boris Beaver´s old business card.

Beverbørre2 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

Fotspor by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
The ground is getting soft again :)

Elgspor by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Old Moose tracks.

Bønna på Grønnland by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

Isformasjoner by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Funny melting ice...

HDE3 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

Reactions: Paulm and Lithril

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
my wife is just starting to get into photography and she and I both love your photos!

what equipment/settings do you use for these sunny day pictures! especially the rainy photo.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Wow, thank you guys! :D So nice of you!
Several of these pictures would normally just go in my trash, considering lazy/lack of preparations from my side, but I´m keeping them for sentimental reasons. And everything doesn´t always have to be so "perfect" all the time.
Sometimes it is ok to just take a snapshot without considering all possible pitfalls :) Sometimes inspiration is non present, and everything I shoot turns to crap, haha!

Chaard, I´m using an old NikonD300, that might soon have to be retired when I can afford it. The dream is a NikonD800E, but maybe I will need to spend that money on a rifle first :D
I use different lenses for different occasions, but there is one lens I´ve hardly even touched, and that is the one I used yesterday. Just to experiment :) It is a wide-angle lens, and I´m not a fan!
I´m a big fan of lenses without any zoom at all, but most often I use a medium to larger zoom for all purpose use. Nikkor and Sigma.
I always shoot manually, and love high apertures and back lit objects. But all settings depend on the expression I want in the particular photo I plan to shoot.

When the sun is strong, I try to avoid any large areas of shadows. Strong light often gives boring, flat pictures, so I have to be conscious about what the light is doing to the scenery or object I want to shoot. Is it possible to produce a more interesting photo just by moving myself into another angle to the sun? Is there something nice to shoot in the shadows instead?
The rainy photo was taken when the sun was behind the subject, so the raindrops were lit up by the light from behind. Really easy actually! Just play with light :)
Just keep the shutter fast enough to freeze the drops, the aperture and/or ISO/exposure large enough so that the subject does´t go all black. Although a rainy silhouette photo would in my opinion look fabulous!
If you have a no-moving object it is also nice to put together two exposures (or more for the perfectionists, which I´m not..) when you have a back lit object, or other difficult lightning conditions.

I hope your wife has a lot of joy diving into the world of photography! Soon everything will be automatic, and she start tweaking the adjustments to find her personal style :D

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Hello guys and girls!

I was out the other day, testing the trudges of a friend (I´m buying the same brand, but different model), and here are some of the photos that came out of it.
The snow is really rotten now, so at a point there I was almost regretting the choice of route. It was uphill all the way, but it is always good for the morale to think of it as exercise :p
It is amazing what I will gladly put myself through, just thinking of how good it is for my bum...
It was a nice time out!

Untitled by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
First came the poor prey...

Then came the predator...

Rotten snow by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Right about here I started to regret the whole idea.

But luckily, there were some colder patches still! A whole lot easier to walk on!

Some spring colors starting to appear.

I live way down at the bottom, behind those bushes and trees :D

Stridig Jaktkniv by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
A late Christmas gift from dear friends of mine!

Tur snacks! by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
A quick snack on the way :) We call it blood sausage here, but maybe it is something similar to your black pudding?

Perfect with a bit of lingonberry jam on top!

Lav by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Good as kindling today, together with bark from birch! I only had to strike my fire steel one time before it caught fire. Small pleasures in life :)

Donald Duck på tur by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Donald Duck is visiting Norway!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulm and Lithril

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Thank you very much! :D
Yes, I feel lucky to live in a place like this. There are places more spectacular for sure, but this area is more than enough to bring my happy barometer to the top :)

LiveAndrew

Mar 17, 2016
Cornwall, UK
Lovely photos, Arya! My family are from Sandefjord, to the east of you. I try and visit when I can and was going this spring but, unfortunately, can't make it. Luckly the RyanAir flights that are supposed to go to "Oslo" actually land in my family's town :)

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Its just to warm here in the UK , has been for years :-( , i like the cold seasons and where just about to come out of ours .Still these pictures have cheered me up :) thanks for posting them

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE