Articles on the home page

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
It doesn't affect me so I assume it is a full member permissions issue but there are a number of people that don't seem to be able to see them.

Thought it worth mentioning here ;)

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
I can only read two of the articles on the home page, if they're meant to be member only could they not be marked as such?

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
I was told, that this is a temporary problem, this should be solved soon and we should be able to read them. Meanwhile.. I can't. :)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
My guess is that they shouldn't be - and that it is just a 'switch' needs setting on the new (and unfamiliar) VB system ;)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
most seem to be old threads - so a quick search on the key words will probably find the original article:D

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Until it is sorted would it not be a good idea for admin's to stop posting them? Once this thread has finished users who cannot access the articles won't know what's going on and we will be back to square one. Either that or sticky this thread.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Until it is sorted would it not be a good idea for admin's to stop posting them? Once this thread has finished users who cannot access the articles won't know what's going on and we will be back to square one. Either that or sticky this thread.

I think it's going to take a while for all of the homepage stuff to be put back in situ, so not point stopping doing it even if some of us can't view it at the moment.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
guys, we're messing with settings, article layouts, section layouts, permissions and a good number of other things. if you can't read an article it will be because we're messing with permissions etc. We're looking at only full member permissions for some content. Articles have a little preview on the front page hence most being able to see them but some not able to access them. It will take a little while to settle and then we'll make it more clear. Patience is the name of that game :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE