Article on Wild Camping in Perthshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That actually sounds workable; if the phone number gains a prompt response then vandalism issues ought to be kept to a minimum. Most of the troublemakers go no further than 20 yards from their cars, but everyone gets tarred with the same brush.

cheers,
Toddy

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
It's fair enough. I overnighted in my canoe at a spot on Loch Ard last weekend and we removed two bin bags of litter : bottles, batteries, discarded fishing packaging, crisp packets, beer cans.

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
spooky - i was there two weeks ago. had a great time using my battery powered fishing rod and drinking excessively!!

only kidding. im not quite at the picking up other peoples rubbish stage yet but i do look disaprovingly and shake my head.

and ensure i leave the place as i find it

with maybe some charred marks at worst,

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Apart from the old microwaves dumped by the roadside outside my house the most common bit of litter I used to find was the barbecue boxes, quite messy to clean up but I did my best. :(

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The domestic dumping irritates the living daylights out of me :mad:
The Council has a free uplift service, right from folk's own front door, so why the hell do the numpties lug stuff all the way to dump it in the burn or the countryside ???

Sheer glaikit stupidity :(

cheers,
M

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
It varies from Local Authority to Local Authority mind Mary. I know that Dundee and Angus both charge for domestic waste uplifts. Not at all saying its an excuse but think it would help if it was a blanket service without any charge. I nearly choked when I called the council to pick some old bits and bobs and they said they would put me through to the payments departments so I could pay before the uplift. They just came and got it back down in Englandshire. (Hullo btw :) )

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
What greeted me when I went out last week to a wood I've been wanting to camp in -

IMG_0947.jpg
IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg
IMG_0945.jpg

I am going to go back and clear up but it's a mooch and there's a lot of cr*p. I can't really understand the mentality of leaving such a mess!

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
It's a pet hate of mine People leaving their litter behind, I know i don't have to pick it up but i do.

I recently Recovered a full 15kg propane cylinder from a place i was staying at overnight with a friends, From what i could see there had been a fire close to where i found it, It makes me wonder what sort of idiots there are about and not just litter bugs, I'd hate to think what would have happened if that had been put on the fire The cylinder is now in my garage, Apparently it became my property once i took it into my garage, ( according to the Local Council ).

Andy W

Forager
Nov 22, 2010
Perthshire Scotland
What greeted me when I went out last week to a wood I've been wanting to camp in -

IMG_0947.jpg
IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg
IMG_0945.jpg

I am going to go back and clear up but it's a mooch and there's a lot of cr*p. I can't really understand the mentality of leaving such a mess!

That a bit of a shock, cant believe some folk.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The domestic dumping irritates the living daylights out of me :mad:
The Council has a free uplift service, right from folk's own front door, so why the hell do the numpties lug stuff all the way to dump it in the burn or the countryside ???

Sheer glaikit stupidity :(

cheers,
M

A lot of that kind of stuff Toddy is fly tipping by cowboy tradesman, they have to pay to get rid of waste so the easy option is to dump it on their way home.

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
I get annoyed every time I see this. It gives us all a bad name but what worries me most is that I will probably take the flack for it if I ever get caught with my own open fire. This has always been the case so what I do is always have a tidy up before bed, and put the rubbish bag close by in view. This is so that if anyone strolls by in the morning then it does not look like I am going to leave the place in a mess. As for the ashes of the fire, I have a few pics on my phone of previous sites showing the place tidied up before leaving. By doing all of this hopefully I can convince the police/warden/passer by that I mean no harm.

Last edited:

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

IMG_0947.jpg
IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg
IMG_0945.jpg

Aye thats pretty much what I have to deal with most weekend mornings. More regular on schools hols especially if the weather is nice. Not really why I became a park ranger!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE