Article: How to Poop in the Woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
if a request is made by the land owner to carry your poop out, what do you use?

I'm guessing nappy bag or similar.

also how do you dispose of it once out? dog poo bin?

I've spent months in the field eating from one bag and pooping into another.

Google wag-bag or Disposajohn to find out why.

The easily available British version is Bog-in-a-bag.

You simply open the packet and arrange it as per the instructions, poop into the bag, clean up using the enclosed tissues and wipes, dropping them into the bag as they are used.

Then fold the 'drip tray' back into the pouch and seal it. The contents become stable and can be disposed of via normal domestic waste channels.

Anyone 'wild' camping in the heavily used areas within the UK really ought to be using this system, go to some of the heavily used areas and you'll see why I say this.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sphagnum moss is the best "loo paper" I've ever used: just the right amount of abrasion and moisture to give a really clean fresh job.

And its certainly "bracing" on a frosty November morning.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
I've spent months in the field eating from one bag and pooping into another.

Google wag-bag or Disposajohn to find out why.

The easily available British version is Bog-in-a-bag.

You simply open the packet and arrange it as per the instructions, poop into the bag, clean up using the enclosed tissues and wipes, dropping them into the bag as they are used.

anyone else used this sort of system?

I'm camping with 2 blokes in a few weeks and I'm not sure I fancy sharing a bag :S

Feb 21, 2015
Durham
I looked up 'Diaposeajohn' and a page came up and said " Are you a Hooker with a problem?. you need 'dispose-a-john'. enter Pimps ID code here..........":lmao:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE