army signup ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
Passed interview on the 20th Nov ! Now getting ready for selection and yet another medical form really buzzing to get started been advised to get problem teeth removed because its easier and cheaper for the army lol so a trip to the dentist is finally needed !

Sent from NSA HQ

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hope it all goes well for you. Always have respect for those that wish to serve.

Good luck with selection.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
As with many others today, keep it up mate, stay on track.

Also would say try to get RE or REME, better when you get out (after 22yrs :) )

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Good luck mate, I had no idea teeth were an issue.. F' it, get them pulled and get fit! ;)

What are the medical questions regarding mental health, past and present?

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
Good luck mate, I had no idea teeth were an issue.. F' it, get them pulled and get fit! ;)

What are the medical questions regarding mental health, past and present?

There is not a great deal on mental health they ask for previous background on the subject like more than two episodes of self harm and you cant join if you've got anythink like add adhd austism you probably wont get in any psychotic episodes you have to give complete details on these subjects you also have to give the rights to your personal health records to the MoD which means if you lie you get caught and potentially permanently discharged.
Im applying to go into infantry but failing that its the RLC thanks guys will try and keep this updated as i go along !

Bindle

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2014
The Mendips
When I joined the Junior Leaders (blimey anyone else remember them!) in the 1980s we actually had quite a medical. There were a couple of Juniors who keeled over and died at different units due to undiagnosed holes in the heart, so they were especially touchy about that when I joined. Then about 6 months after I started a lad tragically died on a run from one of the intakes since mine.

Apart from that, phys is the really important thing. I can still run a mile and a half in under 10 minutes, it's a pride thing, I may be a bit fatter, older and a bit past it, but not quite that fat, old and past it :)

Good luck with your application, choose your unit wisely, have a lot of fun and don't get shot.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've got a friend who's a major in the RLC, they are at Grantham, or part of them is, that wouldn't be bad for you & when you come out you could have an hgv licence. They are in the process of coming back from Germany as is my son, but he's off to Aldershot. Its undecided yet as to whether the RLC will come to Grantham or a base in Yorkshire.

Rob

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
UPDATE: got a phone call on the 5th confirming my medical dec passed and was invited to attend selection i leave on the 28th of this month to AC Lichfield while post an update when i get back home !

leon-1

Good Luck, as the others have said Fitness will play a big part. Expect the infantry fitness level to be a higher requirement than that of the RLC. If you get through into the infantry there are a lot of things that you can do, ICE (Infantry Combat Engineer) what we used to call Assualt Pioneers can be good, RMA (Medical), MT (Motor Transport) and Signals amongst other things can get you decent transferable qualifications. You can also Re-Badge once you are in and potentially move over to either the RLC, AGC or REME and RE's as long as you pass their exams.

Whatever else happens give it a good shot, best effort all the way, but don't overly pressure yourself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE