Army desert boots ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Looked into this quite thoroughly last year before my trek in Namibia and came to the conclusion that they were all a bit 'heavy' for what I needed and went for a more traditional safari boot - what I'm trying to say is, like all kit, you have to analyse your needs first.

Cheers,

Broch

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
I love my Meindls but you need to try them for size as I normaly take 10 and the ones I have are 11.5

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
i got some magnum desert boots that are a copy of the danner boots, can't find them anywhere for reference but if you go to silvermans and look at the desert danners there, mine look very much like that, £15 delivered. might get some more listed on the ebay.

Last edited:

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have the Desert Fox's and love them.

I bought them as a lightweight, summer boot, but they are now my footwear of choice when not in school and have been used for casual wear, walking in the Yorkshire Dales in VERY wet weather (forgot my walking boots), around camp with the Scouts etc etc.

Simon

towim

Dec 5, 2007
West Wales
I have the lowas, and they are fantastic, tired the medels but they felt too tight/close fitting, the lowas feel for sturdy and with a goo pair of issue socks fit perfect. The new issue kit is ten times better than anything from 2yrs or more back,

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I got a pair of the Meindl's off ebay for £13 delivered... Wore them to death in Egypt a couple of months back and they're still like new... Awesome kit !!

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
+1 vote for the meindl desert. I bought a pair off ebay a couple of months ago and love them, very comfortable and look good with jeans too

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
I picked up a pair of meindl's last year for £25 in a Surplus shop in Lanark and they were basically brand new.
As it has turned out I've not used them that much.

For the limited use I have given them (low level prepared paths) they seem as good my merrell's boots or northface shoes.
For the money these can be picked up for you can't really go wrong.

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE